Anabaptist woman flees colony

General Christian Theology
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Re: Anabaptist woman flees colony

Post by dontperish »

The point was a woman can leave and there is biblical grounds to do so.

This is the article that explains it well....

https://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogs ... l.html?m=1

I make no money from my website ... just putting the truth out there... it does a good job.

Just Google "anabaptists exposed" ...we are usually page one.

God be praised
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I see no issue with a wife leaving an abusive husband. I see no issue with a spouse leaving an adulterous partner. I think few do.

I am confused to what is the issue here.

People leaving Anabaptist groups does happen a lot, as Josh stated. The Amish and Hutterites do need a little more help if they are transitioning to current society since both have been separated from it and will need a little more education and a support system. I know of a lot of support to do that. I have seen it happen in multiple churches, some Anabaptist and some not.

So what is really the fight and issue? I am confused.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am I see no issue with a wife leaving an abusive husband. I see no issue with a spouse leaving an adulterous partner. I think few do.

I am confused to what is the issue here.

People leaving Anabaptist groups does happen a lot, as Josh stated. The Amish and Hutterites do need a little more help if they are transitioning to current society since both have been separated from it and will need a little more education and a support system. I know of a lot of support to do that. I have seen it happen in multiple churches, some Anabaptist and some not.

So what is really the fight and issue? I am confused.
The issue is that the OP claims it was not because of abuse, but to save her soul from the Amish or some such.

Of course people should be free to come and go from any religious group. But to focus your efforts on trying to peel people away from the Amish (or any other religious group for that matter) seems a bit misguided.
Last edited by Ken on Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:46 pm
Sudsy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:48 am

Well, Hutterites are believers, not unbelievers, so this scripture doesn’t apply to them.
Curious - where does this text say it is talking to unbelievers ?
If a brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is happy to live with him, he should not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is happy to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified because of the wife, and the unbelieving wife because of her husband. Otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. But if the unbeliever wants a divorce, let it take place. In these circumstances the brother or sister is not bound. God has called you in peace. For how do you know, wife, whether you will bring your husband to salvation? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will bring your wife to salvation?
Whoops, was looking at the wrong chapter. :roll:
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:34 pm Here is the story for those interested and in it a article on a wife leaving a unbiblical husband who stops her from serving God ...

https://www.dontperish.com/bibleteachin ... erite-cult
Wife submits to the husband as the church submits to Christ....
1 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Soloist wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:22 pm
dontperish wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 pm I thought this might be a God topic. ....

When a Anabaptist woman flees a group and separates from a husband ....to do so for Christ...biblically.
We just helped a lady do it ..... Glory to God.

James
Dontperish.com
I thought you had decided to shake off your tunic and leave us since you didn’t know who was female or not. What biblical reason are you defending for encouraging a woman to leave a husband? Or are you claiming it’s a biblical reason without saying what?
I kinda wondered the same... James, was the "shaking off the dust" thing just a ruse...? :?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

The Bible never justifies leaving your spouse just because they aren’t a Christian, and in fact says you shouldn’t leave.

But Hutterites are Christians, are born again, baptised, and follow orthodox Christian theology, at least when it comes to salvation. Anyone claiming they leave their husband in that setting because he isn’t a Christian is absurd.

A while ago I knew a man who tried to convince me it was okay for him to cheat on his wife because she wasn’t a faithful Christian and thus he had a miserable home life. It was, likewise, absurd. As Christians we are not to leave our spouses frivolously.
0 x
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

This post is a general post not to any one person here ...

The article link I gave explains why she left. ... And why it's biblical to do so.

Acts 5:29 for one ... We obey God.... before men

She was denied the freedom to follow Jesus biblically and was forced to do false unbiblical ways and to labor for a cult.
Hutterites are a cult and far from biblical truth and salvation.
I prove that with first hand audio testimony of my brothers who left there. They believe the colony saves you as a ark along with all kinds of heresy / false .....even pagan ways.

To say they are biblical .. I person has no clue what they are talking about on the Hutterites.

See my website to see proof against them under the false teachers area ..per 1 Tim 5;20 ...I keep exposing their false ways and people are being set free by God's truth. They are a wicked vile people.... in many cases. I have the texts emails and voice messages to prove it. I have a post coming on that soon on my site.
Jesus condemns them and their false traditions. Read Mark 7;6-9

Glory to Him ...
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:48 pm This post is a general post not to any one person here ...

The article link I gave explains why she left. ... And why it's biblical to do so.

She was denied the freedom to follow Jesus biblically and was forced to do false unbiblical ways and to labor for a cult.
I prove that with first hand audio testimony of my brothers who left there. They believe the colony saves you as a ark along with all kinds of heresy / false .....even pagan ways.

To say they are biblical .. I person has no clue what they are talking about on the Hutterites.

See my website to see proof against them under the false teachers area ..per 1 Tim 5;20 ...I keep exposing their false ways and people are being set free by God's truth. They are a wicked vile people.... in many cases. I have the texts emails and voice messages to prove it. I have a post coming on that soon on my site.

Glory to Him ...
Out of the frying pan into the fire...
0 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:48 pm This post is a general post not to any one person here ...

Glory to Him ...
Please explain 1 Peter 3:1-6 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear.

The scripture itself states for her to be submissive and to win the husband, not run from them.
1 x