MentorLink Leaders' Covenant

General Christian Theology
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: MentorLink Leaders' Covenant

Post by ohio jones »

silentreader wrote:I believe that Scripturally a good steward is not one who is faithful in looking after his own things, he is one who is faithful in looking after his master's things which his master has put into his care.
He is not looking after things his master has given to him for himself, but is looking after things the master has given to be used only for the master's work, purpose, and benefit, and will ultimately remain the master's things.
On one level there's a distinction between the church bank account and my bank account, though I have the keys (or passwords) to both. But is my stuff really "mine" or is it ultimately God's, and merely in my care to be used for his purposes, such as providing for myself and others?

If the cattle on a thousand hills are God's, are they all just running wild, or is someone taking care of them and collecting the milk money? What about the cattle on Wisconsin farms, are they exempt from divine ownership because the land is mostly flat?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

silentreader wrote:
Wade wrote::wave:
9 & 10?
Been thinking about it for quite some time, haven't had a big block of time to do it justice, my wife is recovering from her second hip replacement surgery this year. Maybe after we're through this.
....and the beat goes on....Yesterday my wife's surgeon was on the front cover of a major Canadian newspaper as being under investigation for what I'll call "unprofessional behaviour in a professional environment." Terribly, terribly disappointing.
On an extremely selfish note, my wife and I hope that we are far enough through the post-op process that we don't get run over by events.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

silentreader wrote:
silentreader wrote:
9 & 10?
Been thinking about it for quite some time, haven't had a big block of time to do it justice, my wife is recovering from her second hip replacement surgery this year. Maybe after we're through this.
....and the beat goes on....Yesterday my wife's surgeon was on the front cover of a major Canadian newspaper as being under investigation for what I'll call "unprofessional behaviour in a professional environment." Terribly, terribly disappointing.
On an extremely selfish note, my wife and I hope that we are far enough through the post-op process that we don't get run over by events.
We've never met and so does it make less selfish if I hope so too?
0 x
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

Wade wrote:
silentreader wrote:
silentreader wrote: Been thinking about it for quite some time, haven't had a big block of time to do it justice, my wife is recovering from her second hip replacement surgery this year. Maybe after we're through this.
We've never met and so does it make less selfish if I hope so too?
It's just that deep down we recognize that his need is greater than ours.
0 x
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

silentreader wrote:
silentreader wrote:
9 & 10?
On a continued selfish note, it is again the evidence of the miracle of God's provident mercy, in that my wife has now had both hips replaced, and over 2 months earlier than the first one was originally scheduled for. What would it have been like to just now be preparing for pre-op? :pray
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

silentreader wrote:On a continued selfish note, it is again the evidence of the miracle of God's provident mercy, in that my wife has now had both hips replaced, and over 2 months earlier than the first one was originally scheduled for.
Hip hip hooray!
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

ohio jones wrote:
silentreader wrote:On a continued selfish note, it is again the evidence of the miracle of God's provident mercy, in that my wife has now had both hips replaced, and over 2 months earlier than the first one was originally scheduled for.
Hip hip hooray!

Or hip, hip in a hurry.
:lol:
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

SR, we pray your wife's hips heal quickly and function well!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

MaxPC wrote:SR, we pray your wife's hips heal quickly and function well!
Only problem is, soon I won't be able to keep up to her again.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

silentreader wrote:
MaxPC wrote:SR, we pray your wife's hips heal quickly and function well!
Only problem is, soon I won't be able to keep up to her again.
I know that feeling :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God