Followers of the Way tested

General Christian Theology
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Re: Followers of the Way tested

Post by Signtist »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:47 pmI have brothers and sisters to edify daily...
I bet you do. Who edifies you?
2 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Did I mention I like turtles?
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:51 am Did I mention I like turtles?
I like hares. Both are delicious when prepared properly. :mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:39 pm Let's see if this forum allows testing of anabaptist ways?
As always... my email is ready to receive any biblical correction from men ...after we cover the gospel together.
dontperish@outlook.com
If you REALLY haven't figured it out, this forum isn't open to your patronizing and supercilious attempts at "testing".
Everyone one of us here will fail your "testings" in some respect, and at this point you've pretty well blown your effective dialogue potential out of the water between your attitude, your condemnations, and your refusal to directly and consistently engage in open conversation on the forum (it's what we do here). This is not a church, and both men AND women dialogue here, as well as Catholics, orthodox, atheists, agnostics, and every stripe of Anabaptist from MCUSA to Old Order... But since you repeatedly proclaim such emphasis on staying Biblical, I encourage you to finally and consistently heed Matthew 10:14 with regards to this forum, instead of repeated succumbing to the temptations of your flesh by wandering back into this forum in order to keep sniping at one group and then another: "And whoever does not receive you nor listen to your words, as you leave that house or city, shake the dust off your feet." Incidentally, if you feel the inherent need to respond directly to this before you finally depart like Jesus tells you to, I am a man so it's ok to talk to me. :?
1 x
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

They are better fried than in stew. And they absolutely ought to be marinated and drained several times. Speaking from various traumatizing experiences.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Heirbyadoption wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am
They are better fried than in stew. And they absolutely ought to be marinated and drained several times. Speaking from various traumatizing experiences.
I had real snapper stew once and it was one of the better soups/stews I had. Never had it fried.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

It is sad to see more and more anabaptists groups going the way of further heresy and corruption like FOTW....but all denominations go the way they started. ..in further error as being made of men.

But the early men of that movement would come back and rebuke it harshly!

I mean ....who names them self after a man anyway and says it's all about God's glory? The ultimate act of hypocrisy ...

Paul dealt with that in
1 Corinthians 1:12-13 KJVS
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. [13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

God is able
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:06 pm It is sad to see more and more anabaptists groups going the way of further heresy and corruption like FOTW....but all denominations go the way they started. ..in further error as being made of men.

But the early men of that movement would come back and rebuke it harshly!

I mean ....who names them self after a man anyway and says it's all about God's glory? The ultimate act of hypocrisy ...

Paul dealt with that in
1 Corinthians 1:12-13 KJVS
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. [13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

God is able
God is able and I pray for your sake that He gives you eyes to see in the mirror.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

dontperish wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:06 pm It is sad to see more and more anabaptists groups going the way of further heresy and corruption like FOTW....but all denominations go the way they started. ..in further error as being made of men. But the early men of that movement would come back and rebuke it harshly! I mean ....who names them self after a man anyway and says it's all about God's glory? The ultimate act of hypocrisy ...
Paul dealt with that in 1 Corinthians 1:12-13 KJVS

God is able
James, I realize it's easy to overlook posts when there are a lot of them, so I'll repost the following encouragement just in case you missed it... :up:

If you REALLY haven't figured it out, this forum isn't open to your patronizing and supercilious attempts at "testing".
Everyone one of us here will fail your "testings" in some respect, and at this point you've pretty well blown your effective dialogue potential out of the water between your attitude, your condemnations, and your refusal to directly and consistently engage in open conversation on the forum (it's what we do here). This is not a church, and both men AND women dialogue here, as well as Catholics, orthodox, atheists, agnostics, and every stripe of Anabaptist from MCUSA to Old Order... But since you repeatedly proclaim such emphasis on staying Biblical, I encourage you to finally and consistently heed Matthew 10:14 with regards to this forum, instead of repeatedly succumbing to the carnal temptations of your flesh by wandering back into this forum in order to keep sniping at one group and then another: "And whoever does not receive you nor listen to your words, as you leave that house or city, shake the dust off your feet."

And I'll affirm what Soloist shared. We will indeed continue to pray for you that the Lord will graciously open your eyes, gentle your heart, and then use you to share His gospel in a mighty and effective way, free from the chains your efforts currently manifest! Seek Him more than you currently condemn what you perceive to be incomplete or erroneous among other believers, and I am confident that He can and will do so!
2 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Soloist wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:42 pm
dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:25 pm As for if they are Anabaptist ... It's more confusion at FOTW ...

Millioni says they aren't Anabaptist but Finny and Sattler say they are .... ?
It really depends on how one defines Anabaptist. Strictly speaking it only means someone who was Re-baptized… more broadly speaking it has historically included Hutterites, German Baptist, Amish, Mennonites and a few others. F
Its the difference between "anabaptist" and "Anabaptist" correct?

For the record, I identify as catholic, orthodox, and kingdom Christian. I am culturally connected to Anabaptists.

And another note of interest... Half of the Anabaptists who moved to Boston and joined FOTW are now anabaptist.
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"