Followers of the Way tested

General Christian Theology
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Followers of the Way tested

Post by Bootstrap »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm Ps I get all my info from Anabaptist men's own words ..eye witness...their fruit and teachings and their websites...

I seek ..study ...test ...I don't make stuff up ... then I verify
Well, we have a bunch of Anabaptists and Mennonites here. So we can verify together. Does anyone think Jim's website accurately describes Anabaptists?

Here are two more accurate places to see what Mennonites in my tradition believe - you did not respond in the other thread, so here it is again:
Bootstrap wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:53 am
dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:46 am In love ...anabaptists need to study more. ...
And so do we all. In context. Slowly and carefully. Asking the Holy Spirit to inspire our understanding together. A living room or a church both seem like a better setting for that to happen.

But to me, at least, Mennonite faith is deeply rooted in Scripture. Here's the Confession of Faith that I am most familiar with, almost every point is discussed with the relevant scriptures:

https://anabaptistwiki.org/mediawiki/in ... ive_(1995)

This was also an earmark of Menno Simons - he had deep knowledge of Scripture and promoted simple obedience to its teachings. Here's a page that shows his main doctrinal teachings:

http://mennosimons.net/doctrine.html

You may disagree with some of his conclusions. I do too. But he is a man who is clearly trying to promote simple obedience to Scripture as he understood it.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:25 pm As for if they are Anabaptist ... It's more confusion at FOTW ...

Millioni says they aren't Anabaptist but Finny and Sattler say they are .... ?
It really depends on how one defines Anabaptist. Strictly speaking it only means someone who was Re-baptized… more broadly speaking it has historically included Hutterites, German Baptist, Amish, Mennonites and a few others. FOTW doesn’t hold to historic Anabaptist doctrines taught by people like Menno simons or Michael Sattler but tend to focus more on early church writings that support their views. This isn’t that surprising, most people use early church writings to support their personal views. I think the difference on a broad perspective is hard to narrow down. Compared to a single group such as Conservative Mennonites it’s fairly easy and FOTW has almost no pull or sway on them and mostly targets people like BMA or other less conservative groups. As you think every group is wrong, why would you pick out their influence on Anabaptists? Do you believe we have something right they don’t?
It mostly likely why their ex Anabaptist president Dean Taylor is gone.
There have been discussions on this topic here already along with plenty of speculation already. I invite you to take a look.
Ps still waiting for anyone to comment on and defend their unbiblical ways with scripture. They influence Mennonites all over so ...this matters doesn't it?
None of us are FOTW so I don’t see a need to defend them.
I’m sure if you were humble in your challenges, some of them would hear what you had to say.
3 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

Comment for this whole thread ...

Since FOTW do influence many anabaptists/Mennonites ...still waiting for any man to biblically refute my claims or call them out of their sin and false ways publically?

Question:
Is there a place to know these comments are from women or men? I want to reason on doctrinal issues with men ...

Thank you
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:59 pm Comment for this whole thread ...

Since FOTW do influence many anabaptists/Mennonites ...still waiting for any man to biblically refute my claims or call them out of their sin and false ways publically?

Question:
Is there a place to know these comments are from women or men? I want to reason on doctrinal issues with men ...

Thank you
I reckon you’d also like to discuss things with Anabaptists? Not everyone on here is an Anabaptist. Right now there is no requirement for posters to state their affiliation or religion or gender.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:59 pm Comment for this whole thread ...

Question:

Thank you
You really don’t listen do you?

This is a public forum. Spend a little time reading and you will know our thoughts on FOTW and who is male or female.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

Not interested in reasoning with women here so....
if I post ... I will keep it to those I know are men.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:20 pm Not interested in reasoning with women here so....
Is this your way of following Jesus' example? For instance, the example he set by conversing and reasoning with the woman of Sychar?
Or are you following Paul's example of discussing the gospel with both men and women?
Or are you following the example set by Aquila and Priscilla where they took Apollos aside and instructed him more fully in the way of God?
3 x
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

It's not a good fit I guess ...
I don't reason long with people I can't verify their faith system or gender and there is far too much feminization going on in the his world... which started with Eve. In person is far different. I can't hang out here much as I have brothers and sisters to edify daily...teachings to post and daily street ministry to do. If any man wants to contend in the faith ..email me or call to go over the gospel then I can hear any correction or concerns he has. I do test to the Word all things. 1 Thess 5

God be praised

Tupos / James
Dontperish.com
dontperish@outlook.com
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:20 pm Not interested in reasoning with women here so....
So women can come up with reasonings you can't refute, interesting. :P

Joking aside your beliefs appear to me to make salvation almost unattainable. Rev 7:9 indicates the number that Jesus will receive will be far greater than what the FOTW have or ever will obtain as converts. Jesus said there will be many who think they are saved that will not be. Yet it seems to me according to Rev 7:9 there will be many who will be saved that will surprise you. Numbers in white robes that can't even be counted.

Curious - how fast are your FOTW increasing and how many are there worldwide ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:47 pm It's not a good fit I guess ...
I don't reason long with people I can't verify their faith system or gender and there is far too much feminization going on in the his world... which started with Eve. In person is far different. I can't hang out here much as I have brothers and sisters to edify daily...teachings to post and daily street ministry to do. If any man wants to contend in the faith ..email me or call to go over the gospel then I can hear any correction or concerns he has. I do test to the Word all things. 1 Thess 5

God be praised

Tupos / James
Dontperish.com
dontperish@outlook.com
Oh really? Is that because of the example of Jesus, or are you following Paul's example in that? Paul had no problem reasoning with people who worshiped "the unknown god" so I guess you aren't following Paul's example.

It appears you would rather follow your man-made practice of riding around in a man-made van, and preaching man-made sermons to people using a man-made loudspeaker, while following your tradition of wearing man-made clothes that look nothing at all like what Jesus wore. All of which is not following Jesus' example, or Paul's example. Isn't this the type of thing that you call sin whenever anyone other than you does it?
1 x