Followers of the Way tested

General Christian Theology
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Re: Followers of the Way tested

Post by Signtist »

Chris wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am I simply want to know of 1 single church that is correct that he finds truly follows the gospel. I will go visit it. There's got to be one according to the scripture.
1. Can't meet in a building. That certainly narrows it down a bit.
2. Can't have any form of tradition whatsoever. That seems to narrow it down further.
3. Can't have any savings.
4. Can not have friends who are atheists or on-Christian.
5. Men wear tunics. (Except that's a man-made tradition. The only man-made tradition that is acceptable)
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Chris wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:58 pm I'd really like to know what church donotperish thinks is a true church.

So donotperish, can you please tell me of a real true church I can go to?
Thank you in advance!
It sounds like he is too busy tearing down other churches to actually participate in building up one of his own. Which honestly is the exact opposite of what Christianity is supposed to be.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:09 pm It sounds like he is too busy tearing down other churches to actually participate in building up one of his own.
It really is an astounding effort. His web site has at least 1500 entries of people and churches that he has "tested" and/or "exposed" -- I just counted two or three pages and multiplied by the number of times I had to page down to the end of the list, but that's a slightly conservative estimate. Let's assume each web page takes an hour to research, compile, and upload. Some are obviously more, but by now he's probably pretty efficient and can just take a template, insert a name, and customize a few things. At an hour a page, if he did this for 40 hours a week, it would take about 9 months to assemble the collection. Of course it's actually spread out over quite a few years, but that gives you a sense of the scope of the project and his investment in it.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

I know what we think, but I think it would be wise to hear what donotperish thinks.

The church of Jesus Christ stands against the gates of hell.

I think donotperish should share a real true church with all of us because everything seems to have an issue. It's okay, I'm open to it. I'll even visit the church.
1 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

ohio jones wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:46 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:09 pm It sounds like he is too busy tearing down other churches to actually participate in building up one of his own.
It really is an astounding effort. His web site has at least 1500 entries of people and churches that he has "tested" and/or "exposed" -- I just counted two or three pages and multiplied by the number of times I had to page down to the end of the list, but that's a slightly conservative estimate. Let's assume each web page takes an hour to research, compile, and upload. Some are obviously more, but by now he's probably pretty efficient and can just take a template, insert a name, and customize a few things. At an hour a page, if he did this for 40 hours a week, it would take about 9 months to assemble the collection. Of course it's actually spread out over quite a few years, but that gives you a sense of the scope of the project and his investment in it.
This is what I mean, he's very dedicated. Somebody who is passionate about the Christian faith who is very vigilant of Biblical truth would be able to help guide us better towards a real Christian Church.

I'm simply asking donotperish to share a single church that is legit.
1 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Chris wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am
I simply want to know of 1 single church that is correct that he finds truly follows the gospel. I will go visit it. There's got to be one according to the scripture.
By his own admission on the phone call with Robert... He doesn't know of any "fully biblical churches."
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Signtist wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:44 pm
Chris wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am I simply want to know of 1 single church that is correct that he finds truly follows the gospel. I will go visit it. There's got to be one according to the scripture.
By his own admission on the phone call with Robert... He doesn't know of any "fully biblical churches."
And in 2000 years of Christian history... many people have found themselves in a very similar position. James (Tupos) is just one more...
2 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I simply want to know of 1 single church that is correct that he finds truly follows the gospel. I will go visit it. There's got to be one according to the scripture.
His website compares the existence of fully biblical bodies to Bigfoot. Not sure if he believes in the existence of either, or both. http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogsp ... q=+bigfoot
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm
His website compares the existence of fully biblical bodies to Bigfoot. Not sure if he believes in the existence of either, or both. http://spiritandtruthdiscernment.blogsp ... q=+bigfoot
Maybe he could have found more common ground with Robert if he had mentioned that.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

I'd leave his wife & children out of it. Not right to do on assumption.
Dragging a wife and children into the conversation should typically not be done. However, in this type of situation, the pattern Robert is alluding to is so consistent it would be unwise to not raise an alarm. The probabilities are extraordinarily high.
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.