"Blessed is he whose quiver is full"

General Christian Theology
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: "Blessed is he whose quiver is full"

Post by RZehr »

KingdomBuilder wrote:I've always been very curious as to why so many Christian parents put their (Christian) daughters on birth control. What does this say about expectations and accountability?
I don't know of anyone that does this.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

RZehr wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:I've always been very curious as to why so many Christian parents put their (Christian) daughters on birth control. What does this say about expectations and accountability?
I hardly know of anyone that doesn't
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote:
You must not know very many generic American kind of "Christians".
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote:
KingdomBuilder wrote:I've always been very curious as to why so many Christian parents put their (Christian) daughters on birth control.
What does this say about expectations and accountability?
it says that (despite all teaching to the contrary?) the parents expect it will be necessary so as to avoid future embarrassment for the parents and unwanted consequences for the daughter as well as free the daughter to live a carefree life.

It says the parents have very low expectations and no one wants to be accountable.
Add to this awful state of affairs:

CDC - HPV Vaccine
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/di ... n/hpv.html

As far as i can discern, all of government, including public schools AND "private" doctors, all in health care .. are now teaching that everyone's children will be sexually active, they have "no choice," they are simply captive to animal instincts .. :(

i can hardly imagine a more demoralizing message for children and young people.

Of course, the predictable path from no responsibility to "products of conception," would be mass inoculation to prevent inevitable grave disease that results from refusing to accept personal responsibility.

Today, to suggest use of self-control, raising consciousness of the sanctity of life, improving self esteem to empower the ability to make responsible choices .. these responses seem on the threshhold of being made illegal.

o.and.btw ..
these people have legal power to teach and "serve" everyone's children without parental agreement or consent, starting at age 10-11. parents must have their child's WRITTEN CONSENT to access their medical records .. :evil:
children are befriended+taught, "you do not have to tell your parents." :evil:

i have warned my daughter to be prepared, to make certain her daughter KNOWS to ask for and sign the parental agreement. so far as i understand, this is the ONE option for today's parents.

:arrow: This would be a topic hopenafuture could help with. :)

These changes have been in process for years .. most do not realize until it lands in their home.
Which, legally, is definitely not "ahead of the curve."
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Temporal1, I remember thinking about the HPV vaccine many institutions mandate some time back, but I'd since forgotten of it. You're right- it just screams "promiscuity and sexual immorality are an expected norm of life" (even among many self-professing christians).
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Temporal1, I remember thinking about the HPV vaccine many institutions mandate some time back, but I'd since forgotten of it. You're right- it just screams "promiscuity and sexual immorality are an expected norm of life" (even among many self-professing christians).
it does, most disconcerting, the messages come from those who are in positions of trust and leadership: teachers and doctors! mandated by government. :(

i have witnessed enough, first-hand, to see what is happening (in schools and doctors' offices.)
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Parents don't need children's written consent to access their medical records. Where on earth did that idea come from?
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Josh wrote:Parents don't need children's written consent to access their medical records. Where on earth did that idea come from?
Don't be too sure that is always the case anymore. 'Rights' are quietly changing in some areas.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote:Parents don't need children's written consent to access their medical records. Where on earth did that idea come from?
HIPAA provides that in certain cases a minor can prevent his/her parents from accessing medical records. See this summary.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote:
Don't be too sure that is always the case anymore. 'Rights' are quietly changing in some areas.
correct. often, new laws based on some popular ruling contain unwanted "details" written into, or bundled with, the popular proposals, politicians+media are less than forthcoming about the "fine print." it's become routine for lawmakers to do this. i live in a blue state: lawmakers are sneaky, and good at it.
ken_sylvania wrote:
HIPAA provides that in certain cases a minor can prevent his/her parents from accessing medical records. See this summary.
yep.
i was shocked to see it with my own eyes (about 10 years ago) when i requested my medical records be transferred from one local clinic to another.

on the statement i signed was a clear+carefully worded statement to parents of 11 year olds that they were NOT allowed access to their children's medical records without their child's written consent!

i was so shocked, i had to read it several times to believe it. :-|

this statement was NOT "in fine print," it was printed in bold, using a short paragraph that any ordinary parent could read. it was an "or else" sort of warning to parents about their children's legal rights to privacy.

not long after, on MD, hopenafuture shared some facts on this, and more, which were helpful to understand. hope is better informed and better educated than i. she is well able to assess and describe facts.
0 x

UNKNOWN