Creation & the "Big Bang"

General Christian Theology
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Creation & the "Big Bang"

Post by Neto »

I just saw this article this morning, and thought it was interesting, because the Biblical account (understood literally) seems to assume a mature earth at creation.
The article's opening statement:
The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quant ... e.html#jCp

https://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quant ... verse.html
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Creation & the "Big Bang"

Post by Soloist »

fascinating. They don't really explain that much in the article though... How did the matter form into objects if there wasn't a rapid expansion of particles? How does that explain the universe in motion?
A math theory that is pretty cool but doesn't explain how its applied... unless you read super geek physics.
:roll:

So confusing...

(I'm a young earth (aged) believer)
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Creation & the "Big Bang"

Post by Neto »

Soloist wrote: (I'm a young earth (aged) believer)
Me too. I just found this interesting from the stand point that it is challenging this long standing scientific position on the origin of the earth.

Having some educational back ground in anthropology & especially in linguistics, another area of interest to me is the changing notions (of scientists) regarding Neanderthals. When I was in college anthropology, evolution scientists placed Neanderthal man below the Cro-Magnons, which they said were distinguished by having language and religion, which the earlier Neanderthals did not. But recent discoveries have increasingly blurred those lines, in fact, it seems that Neanderthals have moved completely into the 'human' classification. But what is surprising to me is that these scientists have not seemed to notice that the "missing link' is getting farther & farther removed, or you might say the gap between humanity & the closest primates is widening. It just seems to me that the discoveries that they are so excited about are taking the ground from under their feet, and they don't notice that their 'edifice' is doomed to collapse.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.