Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

General Christian Theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by Soloist »

We actually see resistance to chloroquine at this point… treatment will just get worse.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by Ken »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:10 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:00 pm Malaria is nothing like COVID.

Malaria is not ever transmitted from person to person. So no reason for lockdowns, social distancing, masking, or any of that.

Malaria is spread by mosquitos and only certain mosquito strains (the Anopheles mosquito) which are largely tropical strains that do not survive in colder climates or even temperate climates.

So controlling malaria is not about controlling people at all. It is about controlling mosquitos. Although human-caused climate change may be extending the range of the Anopheles mosquito northward into places like Florida and other southern states so there's that. But that is a global issue, not a local one.

The current approaches to mosquito control is things like using CRISPR technology to create sterile strains of the mosquito and then release millions of genetically-modified male mosquitos (which do not bite) that are carrying the sterile gene into the wild to interbreed with wild strains and drive down their reproductive success.
Ken, I think you're right it would not be directly relevant to social distancing, masks & lockdowns, but the CDC has approved vaccines for it. Persons infected with malaria can't spread the disease from person to person but can infect the mosquitos who are feeding on them and in that way make it more likely their neighbor would get it.

So I think vaccines are still potentially in play here.
Malaria can infect a wide variety of animals, not just humans. In places like Indonesia where it is endemic, it can spread from livestock (chickens, pigs, cattle, etc.) to humans and back via mosquitos. So again, malaria control isn’t really going to be about regulating humans. It will be about regulating disease vectors (mosquitos and other animals) and then prevention through medication. It isn’t really going to be like COVID or polio or smallpox where there is a public health reason to promote public vaccination in order to reduce the spread of the disease. It will be more like the HPV vaccine where it is a good idea individually but isn’t related to preventing a pandemic of some sort.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Okay, like I said, you guys have all made good points. At this point, I'm expecting this to just peter out, at least in the U.S.
1 x
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

Ken wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:00 pm
So controlling malaria is not about controlling people at all. It is about controlling mosquitos. Although human-caused climate change may be extending the range of the Anopheles mosquito northward into places like Florida and other southern states so there's that. But that is a global issue, not a local one.
It's hysteria.

"It’s hard to believe that there was a time when every state in America except Alaska was malaria endemic. There is a long history of malaria in the USA dating back to the 15th Century when it first appeared in the country until today where it still affects local residents."

https://www.mosquitosquad.com/greater-d ... n-the-usa/
1 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It seems obvious to me that places with third world people end up having third world diseases.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:48 am It seems obvious to me that places with third world people [sanitation conditions] end up having third world diseases.
Clean water, good drainage, good sanitation make the difference, no matter continent or economy.
What’s happening in (blue) cities via homelessness, drug abuse, etc., is BEGGING for disease: In the U.S.

i can’t don’t want to believe what i’ve seen IRL.
On some of the world’s most expensive real estate, now in busy airports.
Why would the impoverished be present in airports, presumably without tickets or plans to fly?

Add to that, those gifted free airfare to travel all over the U.S. .. part of the plan to have everyone living equally in gutters.
i prefer to sit toward the back of aircraft. i’ve been bumped forward, my seats assigned to .. ?? This kind of thing is happening to many people, on aircraft, in hotels, etc. Step aside, government decides.

Theft doesn’t make you generous.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:36 pm i prefer to sit toward the back of aircraft. i’ve been bumped forward, my seats assigned to .. ?? This kind of thing is happening to many people, on aircraft, in hotels, etc. Step aside, government decides.
Luke 14:10
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:25 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:36 pm i prefer to sit toward the back of aircraft. i’ve been bumped forward, my seats assigned to .. ?? This kind of thing is happening to many people, on aircraft, in hotels, etc. Step aside, government decides.
100% 200%
i believe, in part, the graphic reflects the spirit of Luke 14:10.

i accepted a changed seat without hesitation or complaint or grudge. i would have for anyone.

i’m disturbed about decades of incompetence+corruption in gov that has only made matters worse over decades, doing so much harm to so many vulnerable people, even incentivizing crime, creating orphans - and worse. nearly all are harmed, regardless which side of which border, while politicians just carry on as tho there are no problems. at taxpayer expense.

theft doesn’t make you generous. or Christian.

have i missed something?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:11 pm
ohio jones wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:25 pm
100% 200%
i believe, in part, the graphic reflects the spirit of Luke 14:10.

i accepted a changed seat without hesitation or complaint or grudge. i would have for anyone.

i’m disturbed about decades of incompetence+corruption in gov that has only made matters worse over decades, doing so much harm to so many vulnerable people, even incentivizing crime, creating orphans - and worse. nearly all are harmed, regardless which side of which border, while politicians just carry on as tho there are no problems. at taxpayer expense.

theft doesn’t make you generous. or Christian.

have i missed something?
I’m confused about what airline seat assignments has to do with the government.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:56 pm I’m confused about what airline seat assignments has to do with the government.
Keep an eye on who's sitting in your previously assigned seat. It could be a Federal Air Marshal. Except they don't sit in the back of the Airbus, so that's likely not the reason for the theft of t1's seat.

A few years ago, Air France stole my premium economy seat and put me in business class on a transatlantic flight. Unfortunately, the business class seat was one of those lie-flat-at-an-angle models that I don't find comfortable at all, as gravity causes one to migrate downhill. Talk about a slippery slope!
(note feeble attempt to return to subject of thread)
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited