Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

General Christian Theology
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by Josh »

For example, when buying age-restricted items, the app can confirm you are of legal age without having to share your birth date or address.
Mobile ID is unlocked by a selfie match to verify identity, or by using a self-selected pin or TouchID/FaceID so your personal information is always protected.
Sounds handy for minors trying to buy cigarettes and alcohol. Grab an older friend’s phone and punch in their PIN.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:24 pm
For example, when buying age-restricted items, the app can confirm you are of legal age without having to share your birth date or address.
Mobile ID is unlocked by a selfie match to verify identity, or by using a self-selected pin or TouchID/FaceID so your personal information is always protected.
Sounds handy for minors trying to buy cigarettes and alcohol. Grab an older friend’s phone and punch in their PIN.
How is that different from grabbing your older brother's drivers license?

With a cell phone app they can at least use biometrics so that you have to use fingerprint or facial ID to verify your age rather than a simple PIN.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

On May 5, 2023, The Global Fund predicted that ...
The next global health crisis might not be another pandemic caused by a novel respiratory infection. Instead, we could see climate change dramatically increasing the threat from an existing infectious disease–for example, malaria, a disease that kills one child every minute of every day.
https://www.theglobalfund.org/en/opinio ... very%20day.

Well, a week ago, 4 cases of malaria were confirmed in Florida and 1 case in Texas for a total of 5 confirmed cases in the U.S. That number jumped up to 7 this week when 2 more cases were confirmed in Florida.

According to the CDC malaria is "locally acquired" and "people infected with malaria often experience symptoms including fever, chills, and flu-like illness."

(Sound familiar?)

Apparently, since there are only a few cases, and the disease is "locally acquired" this doesn't immediately present a danger to the whole population, though the CDC is keeping a close eye on it.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/2-locally-acq ... %20malaria.

To this point, all this sounds almost exactly the same as how Covid was first introduced to the U.S.

(Remember that the reason initially given for vaccine mandates was because Covid was "locally acquired" and so needed to be contained to prevent it from spreading?)

Unlike Covid, however, malaria is being linked to climate change...

which means that maybe soon we'll not only be seeing lockdowns, new vaccine mandates and forced business closings again, but this time, because of the climate change connection, perhaps we'll be forced to watch our carbon spending, too .... or something?

Or not. Maybe all this will turn out to be another nothing burger, like the monkey pox. (Whatever happened to that?)

Well, at least this time, though, if you're forced to stay at home, maybe things will be better with the help of an Apple Pro Vision headset. :up:

That way, it'll feel like the people you can't actually visit with will be right there in the same room with you ...

Feel better?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Malaria is nothing like COVID.

Malaria is not ever transmitted from person to person. So no reason for lockdowns, social distancing, masking, or any of that.

Malaria is spread by mosquitos and only certain mosquito strains (the Anopheles mosquito) which are largely tropical strains that do not survive in colder climates or even temperate climates.

So controlling malaria is not about controlling people at all. It is about controlling mosquitos. Although human-caused climate change may be extending the range of the Anopheles mosquito northward into places like Florida and other southern states so there's that. But that is a global issue, not a local one.

The current approaches to mosquito control is things like using CRISPR technology to create sterile strains of the mosquito and then release millions of genetically-modified male mosquitos (which do not bite) that are carrying the sterile gene into the wild to interbreed with wild strains and drive down their reproductive success.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:18 amAccording to the CDC malaria is "locally acquired" and "people infected with malaria often experience symptoms including fever, chills, and flu-like illness."

(Sound familiar?)
It does sound very familiar and I can assure that malaria will be much less pleasant than covid was. For most people covid was just a really bad cold that went away on its own after a few days whereas malaria is suffering and it probably won’t go away without treatment with some nasty, bitter medications (more on that below) and then further treatment to eradicate from your body so it doesn’t return. It’s also confirmed by a blood test and the “fever dream” effect will make the needle stab for that much worse than it (probably) actually is. Also I don’t remember covid having chills. You will remember the malaria chills. On the upside, you’ll get regular breaks from malaria, usually either for a day or three days.

If you were a fan of chloroquine, good news! Chloroquine is an effective treatment for malaria. You can even take it as a preventative, but it’s pretty unpleasant itself. So I, for one, welcome the news of the recently developed malaria vaccine and hope it turns out to be effective.

I didn’t see climate change mentioned in the article though maybe I missed it, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with malaria. There used to be malaria even in far northern states and now it’s gone thanks to drainage and effective mosquito control programs like spraying which still happen regularly, so there’s not much chance of a malaria pandemic in the United States.
3 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Malaria goes with third-world countries where people do third-world things like leave piles of rubbish and old tyres everywhere, standing water, and generally have a filthy, unsanitary environment. Such environments end up breeding disease.

As America becomes more and more of a third-world country (with attendant piles of rubbish which breed disease), problems like malaria will crop up.
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Ken wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:00 pm Malaria is nothing like COVID.

Malaria is not ever transmitted from person to person. So no reason for lockdowns, social distancing, masking, or any of that.

Malaria is spread by mosquitos and only certain mosquito strains (the Anopheles mosquito) which are largely tropical strains that do not survive in colder climates or even temperate climates.

So controlling malaria is not about controlling people at all. It is about controlling mosquitos. Although human-caused climate change may be extending the range of the Anopheles mosquito northward into places like Florida and other southern states so there's that. But that is a global issue, not a local one.

The current approaches to mosquito control is things like using CRISPR technology to create sterile strains of the mosquito and then release millions of genetically-modified male mosquitos (which do not bite) that are carrying the sterile gene into the wild to interbreed with wild strains and drive down their reproductive success.
Ken, I think you're right it would not be directly relevant to social distancing, masks & lockdowns, but the CDC has approved vaccines for it. Persons infected with malaria can't spread the disease from person to person but can infect the mosquitos who are feeding on them and in that way make it more likely their neighbor would get it.

So I think vaccines are still potentially in play here.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

They have been working on a malaria vaccine for years. That vaccine if it works would be incredibly valuable to some areas in the world but very unlikely to be needed here.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Pelerin wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:12 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:18 amAccording to the CDC malaria is "locally acquired" and "people infected with malaria often experience symptoms including fever, chills, and flu-like illness."

(Sound familiar?)
It does sound very familiar and I can assure that malaria will be much less pleasant than covid was. For most people covid was just a really bad cold that went away on its own after a few days whereas malaria is suffering and it probably won’t go away without treatment with some nasty, bitter medications (more on that below) and then further treatment to eradicate from your body so it doesn’t return. It’s also confirmed by a blood test and the “fever dream” effect will make the needle stab for that much worse than it (probably) actually is. Also I don’t remember covid having chills. You will remember the malaria chills. On the upside, you’ll get regular breaks from malaria, usually either for a day or three days.

If you were a fan of chloroquine, good news! Chloroquine is an effective treatment for malaria. You can even take it as a preventative, but it’s pretty unpleasant itself. So I, for one, welcome the news of the recently developed malaria vaccine and hope it turns out to be effective.

I didn’t see climate change mentioned in the article though maybe I missed it, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with malaria. There used to be malaria even in far northern states and now it’s gone thanks to drainage and effective mosquito control programs like spraying which still happen regularly, so there’s not much chance of a malaria pandemic in the United States.
Personally, I'd be inclined to go with the chloroquine rather than a vaccine.

Climate change was mentioned as a contributing factor in that first article I mentioned and also on a news broadcast (which I can't find now.)

Of course, this whole thing might just fizzle out quickly, and I certainly hope it does.

Wish they would have sprayed here where I live (nowhere near Florida) because I got eaten up when I was out last night. They're pretty bad this year!
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Soloist wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:18 pm They have been working on a malaria vaccine for years. That vaccine if it works would be incredibly valuable to some areas in the world but very unlikely to be needed here.
Okay. You guys have all made good points & I'm just speculating here, so thanks for your input.
1 x