Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

General Christian Theology
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by ken_sylvania »

Ken wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:42 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:33 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:43 pm And frankly, the less people carry cash, the less panhandlers and crime we will see.
Yep, if fewer people had carried cash Mr. Shenk wouldn't have been able to pull off that swindle that he did.
Crime comes in more than one form and has more than one cause.

Shenk pulled off his crime because the people running CAM seem to be incompetent.
Petty street crime and property crime is driven mostly by drugs and runs on a cash economy

But then you know that.
Exactly. I don't think getting rid of cash will reduce amount of crime, just change how it happens.
2 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Re: Vaccine Mandates a Slippery Slope towards the Surveillance State and Mark of the Beast

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Ken wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:43 pm . . . it also puts a bite into the endless illegal drug trade. How do you buy your fentanyl on the street if no one has cash and there is no one you can rob or panhandle for cash and nothing you can steal and pawn for cash?
Any remotely held scanner will take your card (or chip information, or whatever) and electronically launder the money through some legal business.

The growth of technology and electronic modes of payment have so far only made money laundering techniques that much more sophisticated and harder to detect, while protecting the anonymity of those at the top of pyramid schemes even more.

I'm not sure exactly what would would happen under a full conversion to a government controlled digital economy but you can bet money laundering will continue to flourish for any type of illegal trafficking.

Also, petty crime is likely to eventually adapt in ways we can't yet foresee.

https://sundayguardianlive.com/news/new ... -efficient
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Money laundering is worse than ever due to digital banking; a common tool is CashApp which doesn’t do any KYC for accounts that transfer under $1000 or $2000 and lets credit card payments be converted to crypto. This is just one of many examples.
0 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Ken wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:43 pm I watched the video. Very deceptive.

He doesn't provide a SINGLE example of any individual or organization that was involuntarily "de-banked". Not one.

He cites the statistic of 1 million bank account closures over the past 4 years but that is meaningless since he doesn't distinguish the reasons for account closure. People close bank accounts all the time. And I would imagine that at least 1 million bank accounts in the UK closed over the past 4 years simply because people died or moved, changed banks, or abandoned unused bank accounts.

He cites ATM fees as a problem but it is easy enough to shop around and find banks that don't charge ATM fees. Mine doesn't and even provides up to $10/month in ATM rebates if I use ATMs that are not in its system.
Reuters reported on a few cases in Britain, not the U.S., back in January of this year.

The Reuters article only names 2 or 3 businesses as examples but there are more.

These cases are only coming to people's notice now because of the Nigel Farage case, which was more recent, and got much more attention.

In another video Nigel Farage says thousands of people have approached him to say they'd experienced similar incidents with financial institutions, but he didn't provide names.

https://www.reuters.com/business/financ ... 023-01-13/

https://www.moneymagpie.com/manage-your ... s-probably

Likewise, my impression is the charges he speaks of for using ATMs might be more noticeable in Europe than in the U.S.
0 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Australians are warned to make bookings if they want to make cash withdrawals as banks go digital.

• ANZ & NAB no longer permit withdrawals
• Banks are shifting to the digital age
• Queensland woman was denied cash by her bank.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ith%20cash.

Banks are banning cash withdrawals.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:17 pm Australians are warned to make bookings if they want to make cash withdrawals as banks go digital.

• ANZ & NAB no longer permit withdrawals
• Banks are shifting to the digital age
• Queensland woman was denied cash by her bank.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ith%20cash.

Banks are banning cash withdrawals.
Years ago, i was told by a banking friend, a mortgage lender, banks hate when people buy in cash.
(It was surprising to me how many people buy houses in cash.)

Debt is the present day indentured servitude.
Much more could be done to limit it, prevent it, educate about it, not much on that horizon.

Bad things are done with cash. But lots of people depend on it for good reason.

i agree that eliminating cash would not end crime, it would shift, not for the betterment of the masses. never that!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN