Seedtime and harvest ... shall not cease

General Christian Theology
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Seedtime and harvest ... shall not cease

Post by Bootstrap »

Wade wrote:
Genesis 8:21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done. 22 While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”
What exactly do you think this promises, and how do you think this relates to scenes in the Revelation? Or to famines and other catastrophes that have happened throughout history?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Seedtime and harvest ... shall not cease

Post by JimFoxvog »

I've just read it as a global (as in "every living creature") judgement won't happen. Maybe continent-wide though.

Revelation? There are so many explanation of its symbolic meaning, all I can say is I don't know -- except that Christ triumphs in the end.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Seedtime and harvest ... shall not cease

Post by Wade »

Bootstrap wrote:
Wade wrote:
Genesis 8:21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done. 22 While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”
What exactly do you think this promises, and how do you think this relates to scenes in the Revelation? Or to famines and other catastrophes that have happened throughout history?
I don't think this scripture is relating to or was intended by my post to promise that circumstances will be okay. I think it relates to Who we trust despite the circumstances. It also gives me a picture of His justice that He upholds but yet extends mercy, which further implants that trust in Him by us seeing who He is.
0 x