Thanksgiving Meals

General Christian Theology
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Thanksgiving Meals

Post by Hats Off »

Could you justify ordering this to serve your Thanksgiving day guests? Would it be easier to justify buying it for yourself?

Japanese Wagyu Boneless Ribeye Roast, A5 Grade, 12 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 83 reviews.(83)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu New York Strip Loin Roast, A5 Grade, 11 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 48 reviews.(48)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin Roast, A5 Grade 6 lbs.
$799.99
$200 OFF

Japanese Wagyu, A5 Grade, Genuine Kobe Beef Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.

Item 1379091
Your Price $2,299.99
Price Per POUND: $383.33
Shipping & Handling Included*

Features:
1 A5 Grade Kobe Beef Boneless Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.
Imported from the Kobe, Japan
Ships uncooked and frozen
Ships UPS 2-Day Air (Included)
Available at Costco.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Thanksgiving Meals

Post by Sudsy »

Before the flood God's original intent was for us to not eat meat - Genesis 1:30 - "Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. The killing for meat was allowed only after the flood - Genesis 9:3.

So, if we are to follow God's original plan and live according to the restoring of this plan as described in Isaiah 11:6-9 when God's Kingdom is fully established on earth, then to live now as Kingdom citizens there is no justification for eating meat if we are to live by God's original intent, right ? ;) :)

I would think any group who stands for nonviolence would surely be vegans. :roll:

p.s. I eat meat but I do think a higher level of spiritual advancement would be to drop meat eating and not support any killing of animals. I may someday make that change. And knowing how milk is produced, I may drop it also, quite cruel. And if meat is dropped from one's diet, an Anabaptist really then would have no need for a gun. Whoops, now I really crossed the line.

Anyway, try a vegan thanksgiving and let that turkey live. :lol:

I'm kidding. Well, sort of.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Jesus ate the Passover and fish, so nobody is going to be more righteous than He by dropping meat or milk from their diet.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Joy wrote:Jesus ate the Passover and fish, so nobody is going to be more righteous than He by dropping meat or milk from their diet.
And what verse says that 'Jesus ate the Passover and fish' ? There is only one verse that does mention Jesus eating fish after He rose from the grave as proof that He was not a ghost.

None of us can be more righteous than we already are in Christ. What I meant by 'spiritual advancement' was a moved toward the treasuring of all life and moving away from the exploitation of animals when it is unnecessary to our survival.

When we had an in ground pool my wife would often go out first thing in the morning to rescue any bug or mouse that got into the skimmer over night. She would also catch and release spiders. She had a respect for life that was beyond mine. I just think there is something special about being pro life wherever we can and to me, who was raised as a hunter of wild game, this has given me more appreciation for life and we are active and do our part in the conservation of certain species.

I think many folks do not really want to know how the animals they eat are raised and cruelly treated to serve our pro killing appetites. Someday this will all end and the lion will lay down with the lamb. Death will be no more.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote:
Joy wrote:Jesus ate the Passover and fish, so nobody is going to be more righteous than He by dropping meat or milk from their diet.
And what verse says that 'Jesus ate the Passover and fish' ? There is only one verse that does mention Jesus eating fish after He rose from the grave as proof that He was not a ghost.
Eating the passover (lamb) and eating fish are two separate things, of course. Since there's no question he ate fish, that leaves the passover, which can be found in Luke 22 as well as each of the other gospels. Seems fishy that a reference would be needed for that. :?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

If I cook a special meal for my wife, I have a hard time justifying paying more than $8/lb. for a steak! In fact, I'd most likely be scolded for paying that kind of money :shock: even for our anniversary!
Hats Off wrote:
Japanese Wagyu Boneless Ribeye Roast, A5 Grade, 12 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 83 reviews.(83)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu New York Strip Loin Roast, A5 Grade, 11 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 48 reviews.(48)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin Roast, A5 Grade 6 lbs.
$799.99
$200 OFF

Japanese Wagyu, A5 Grade, Genuine Kobe Beef Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.

Item 1379091
Your Price $2,299.99
Price Per POUND: $383.33
Shipping & Handling Included*

Features:
1 A5 Grade Kobe Beef Boneless Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.
Imported from the Kobe, Japan
Ships uncooked and frozen
Ships UPS 2-Day Air (Included)
Available at Costco.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Sudsy wrote:Before the flood God's original intent was for us to not eat meat - Genesis 1:30 - "Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. The killing for meat was allowed only after the flood - Genesis 9:3.

So, if we are to follow God's original plan and live according to the restoring of this plan as described in Isaiah 11:6-9 when God's Kingdom is fully established on earth, then to live now as Kingdom citizens there is no justification for eating meat if we are to live by God's original intent, right ? ;) :)

I would think any group who stands for nonviolence would surely be vegans. :roll:

p.s. I eat meat but I do think a higher level of spiritual advancement would be to drop meat eating and not support any killing of animals. I may someday make that change. And knowing how milk is produced, I may drop it also, quite cruel. And if meat is dropped from one's diet, an Anabaptist really then would have no need for a gun. Whoops, now I really crossed the line.

On dropping eating meat and not owning a gun. I agree that American's eat too much meat. However what do you think farmers should do if the deer are eating their corn, wheat etc. The over populace of deer can be a great nuisance and the number one nuisance problem in the northeast areas of this nation. Expensive beef never graces our table, but we do enjoy venison, which is a lean meat and hasn't been injected with hormones or anything else.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Sudsy wrote:Before the flood God's original intent was for us to not eat meat - Genesis 1:30 - "Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. The killing for meat was allowed only after the flood - Genesis 9:3.

Where do you get your (biased) information from? Farmers find that contended cows give more milk - cow comfort is high on the progressive dairy farmer's priority, not because of animal rightists, but because contended and healthy cows produce more milk at lower cost and and live longer. What gives you the idea that cows are normally and regularly treated with cruelty?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote:And knowing how milk is produced, I may drop it also, quite cruel.
It would actually be more cruel not to milk the cows.

0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Grace wrote:

On dropping eating meat and not owning a gun. I agree that American's eat too much meat. However what do you think farmers should do if the deer are eating their corn, wheat etc. The over populace of deer can be a great nuisance and the number one nuisance problem in the northeast areas of this nation. Expensive beef never graces our table, but we do enjoy venison, which is a lean meat and hasn't been injected with hormones or anything else.
I just thought since the topic was justifying buying expensive cuts of meat, I would throw in something about justifying meat altogether. This could be a separate thread if folks are interested. Regarding your question regarding deer eating crops I remember as a youth picking cherries and the farmer would put gun sounding devices throughout the orchard which would go off at timed intervals to keep the blackbirds away from the cherries. Same could be done for deer.

I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian but the older I get, the more pro life I feel is most representative of the Kingdom which will someday come in fullness. There are some interesting Christian Internet sites suggesting not eating meat but it is a very minority view amongst Christians. I read where the Seventh Day Adventists have about 30% of their group as vegetarians.

Regarding justifying the buying of expensive meats, I can't justify in various ways why I do many things. I am far from perfect and sometimes I will spend money on myself quite selfishly when it could be used for more eternal purposes.

Whoops got to go and others have posted before I read them.
0 x