Parenting, Distractions and Scripture

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Parenting, Distractions and Scripture

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:That Mennonite minister I mentioned had two other sons that were single. The oldest one being single and near thirty (at that time) having a love for people, and so would almost always make an effort to talk to my son.

Guess who my son would talk about most of the week?!

Singles play an important role in influencing everybody in the church - for either good or bad...

Might I also add that calling any life 'incidental' might be hugely conflicting with the One who opens and closes the womb and quite supportive of evolutionary trains of thought...
Brother Wade, Amen! I also agree that using words such as "incidental" doesn't help the conversation about the all important Biblical teachings re marriage/parenting and the relationship with God.

Ken, well said :up:

As the OP I requested Biblical teachings and now return this thread to the topic about marriage/parenting and the relationship with God.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
LTCG
Affiliation: Holiness

Re: Parenting, Distractions and Scripture

Post by LTCG »

If we follow Scripture, family is more than incidental.
1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Not too much wiggle room there

1 Timothy 3:4,5 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Deuternonomy 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Mark 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Seems to me that aside from our own salvation, Godly parenting is the most important calling we have.
0 x