Prayers for the Catholic Church

General Christian Theology
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Prayers for the Catholic Church

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:Thank you all for your prayers. They are very much appreciated. :hug: We are seeing a lot of young people filling the pews and praying for our leadership as well as to see a renewal of the faith. God is faithful and He will provide.
Young people filling the pews of a Catholic church is cause for concern, not celebration, much as young people filling the pews of a Mormon church or filling the rows of prayer mats at a mosque would be a cause for great concern.

Nonetheless, I will continue to pray that true believers see the falsehood of Rome and "come out of Egypt", and find Jesus.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:10 pm Young people filling the pews of a Catholic church is cause for concern, not celebration, much as young people filling the pews of a Mormon church or filling the rows of prayer mats at a mosque would be a cause for great concern.

Nonetheless, I will continue to pray that true believers see the falsehood of Rome and "come out of Egypt", and find Jesus.
Many have found Jesus in the Catholic church, so we can pray that many of these become true believers and find Jesus. Sure, I disagree with some of their doctrines, but Jesus is still there. I don't know if many come to Jesus in Mormonism.
2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

justme wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 am
ohio jones wrote:But there is a significant difference. MD was not indestructible (obviously). The true church is, and not even the bill gates of hell will be able to destroy it. Even if "the big target" falls, and many small peons follow, there will still be faithful believers left.

Elijah in 1 Kings 19 is a good example of this. He says "I alone am left, just me, nobody else, and they seek to take my life" but God retorts "Ha! I still have 7000 people who worship me instead of Baal."
there will still be faithful believers.
you are correct again, as always, oj :)

Fr Pavone has met with big problems in the Catholic Church. i’m praying for him, for justice, for the Catholic Church, for Christians, and for the world.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Pope Francis: "I have already signed my resignation, in case of illness or impediment"
This was revealed by the pontiff himself in an interview with the Spanish newspaper "Abc",
revealing that the document had already been prepared in 2013
https://www.agenzianova.com/en/news/pop ... -problems/

This seems very normal+logical to me, not sure why it’s a current report.

Prayers for the world.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Matt Walsh is a devout Catholic, shares his insights on Fr Pavone, possibly the leading prolife leader everywhere.
(i think) MW makes a good point in comparing/contrasting this situation with Fr Martin, a lib extremist.

Matt describes how unusual it is for any priest to be defrocked.

Matt says the aborted fetus in question was taken to the altar, then properly buried, by Fr Pavone in 2016. (as opposed to being discarded in medical waste, as the vast majority are discarded.)

i used to follow a few prolife sites, including Lifesitenews, i don’t recall this event mentioned.
i occasionally saw Fr Pavone’s name connected to prolife work. Not being Catholic, i didn’t realize he was at the forefront.

“The Vatican Fired Their Most Pro Life Priest” / -8min

Matt describes many needs for prayers for the Catholic Church.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

You are claiming this isn't about politics, but this is the actual priest that you keep coming back here to defend as you tried to do in the post directly above. It seems like he is the one who made the priesthood about partisan politics and not the other way around. He was reportedly defrocked in part due to his constant disobedience of instructions from his diocese to cease his political campaigning on behalf of Trump and in support of Trump's lies about election fraud. These are all photos taken from Pavone's actual Facebook and Twitter feeds. In other words, this is the public image he presented to the world.

And to be clear, he'll always be a Catholic priest. Ordination is a sacrament that can't be reversed any more than baptism. But being defrocked basically means he's stripped of priestly authority, and banned from performing priestly functions or any position in the Catholic church.

This is his CURRENT twitter profile page

And after the election and against the instructions of his diocese he spent all his time posting things like this (Note the time and date, this is his tweet on 1:33 pm on January 6 in the midst of the attack on the Capitol). He tweeted even more vulgar and blasphemous tweets about the election that he has apparently since taken down but you can still go find them if you want. They were widely reported.

1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

GENERAL THEOLOGY: PRAYERS FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

i’m not asserting anything.

i’m interested in this topic from a balanced perspective, i.e., to hear the defense, due to abundance of allegations without defense,
in this thread, the purpose is prayers for the Catholic Church. Operating word: PRAYERS

as a non-Catholic, seeing lots of Catholic politicians, support for politicians, work with politicians, your pics above are not surprising,
Catholics do not avoid politics. The Pope meets with politicians and world leaders. Catholics are not Anabaptists. Never were. :roll:

This is not a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic.

This appears to be a serious disruption in the Catholic Church, deserving of prayers.

^^Nice pics. Thank you for sharing. Maybe they can be used elsewhere. [Off-topic in this thread.] :-|
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pm GENERAL THEOLOGY: PRAYERS FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

i’m not asserting anything.

i’m interested in this topic from a balanced perspective, i.e., to hear the defense, due to abundance of allegations without defense,
in this thread, the purpose is prayers for the Catholic Church. Operating word: PRAYERS

as a non-Catholic, seeing lots of Catholic politicians, support for politicians, work with politicians, your pics above are not surprising,
Catholics do not avoid politics. The Pope meets with politicians and world leaders. Catholics are not Anabaptists. Never were. :roll:

This is not a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic.

This appears to be a serious disruption in the Catholic Church, deserving of prayers.

^^Nice pics. Thank you for sharing. Maybe they can be used elsewhere. [Off-topic in this thread.] :-|
The pics are all from Frank Pavone's own Facebook and Twitter feeds. I assume they will still be there in the future if you want to use them. And there are many many more where those came from.

You brought him into this thread (not me) as an example of....well I'm not exactly sure what. But these pictures simply show the sort of partisan political activity that got him defrocked after disobeying repeated orders from his diocese to cease.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pmThis is not a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic.
what is a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic?
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

justme wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:54 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pmThis is not a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic.
what is a Mastriano-type Anabaptist topic?
just that there was discussion about conservative Anabaptists getting involved with elected office.
it’s a non-issue for Catholics, esp following JFK. current POTUS is Catholic, as are many others in elected/appointed office.

so, pics of Fr Pavone with politicians aren’t at all surprising.
Last edited by temporal1 on Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

UNKNOWN