Prayers for the Catholic Church

General Christian Theology
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayers for the Catholic Church

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:12 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm no matter topic on this forum, what i’m most interested in is the conservative Mennonite/Anabaptist response.
My unstatistically-researched impression is that you post more Catholic subject matter (at least recently) than any of the posters who are actually Catholic. You are likely to get more cM/A response, if that is indeed your interest, to subjects that are of greater importance to the cM/As amongst us.
This is probably true (about Catholic topics) - esp in recent years (referring to small samples over shorter times).
i have added a few Catholic threads. Catholics are in the news ‘way more often than Mennonites. :mrgreen:
What the Pope has to say directly impacts a lot of the world around us, not all Catholics are like U.S. Catholics.

i’m more than happy with the forum response.
i count silence as a response (i learned growing up). i look for quality rather than quantity, which may not be obvious. :blah:

going ‘way back on MD, Robert once shared that people tend to respond in disagreement, not as much in agreement.
the forum today, for sure, reflects that ..

the topics where folks agree often end within a page or two. smiling, nodding, do not show up in post counts. :)
that doesn’t mean they’re not there, or they don’t count (where it matters).

- - - - - - -

There are 337 UNANSWERED TOPICS.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Post by JayP »

Well Soloist, as one of the Catholics, since I was a member of a Conservative Mennonite church, I think I have something to add.
FWWIW, and I do not fully feel this way, but folks from that group would consider my history makes me more of a Mennonite than many here they would classify as Luke warm proto evangelical Protestant pseudo Anabaptists.

Correct me if I am wrong but wo7ld not most Eastern or NWF congregations have a problem with their members being here?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

JayP wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:51 am Well Soloist, as one of the Catholics, since I was a member of a Conservative Mennonite church, I think I have something to add.
FWWIW, and I do not fully feel this way, but folks from that group would consider my history makes me more of a Mennonite than many here they would classify as Luke warm proto evangelical Protestant pseudo Anabaptists.

Correct me if I am wrong but wo7ld not most Eastern or NWF congregations have a problem with their members being here?
I don’t look at Catholics or Orthodox and think they don’t have something to add but it gets a little tiring having to explain why Catholics and Orthodox are in complete opposition to what we believe.
I don’t know enough on eastern to speak for them.
Western Fellowship was all over the place but my church discouraged me from being on Mennonet. Nationwide in my experience took more of a stance against internet in general so it wasn’t even on their radar.

Why did you convert?
I’m curious how it lines up with the few I know who went Anglican, Orthodox and Catholic
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JayP wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:51 am Well Soloist, as one of the Catholics, since I was a member of a Conservative Mennonite church, I think I have something to add.

It seems to be allowed with some who use filtered Internet.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

A different sort of REACTION/ANALYSIS video.

i’m new to Father Leo and his show.
i didn’t know about this funeral service in NYC before it appeared this morning.

Not being Catholic, Father Leo’s analysis helps me grasp details.

THE FATHER LEO SHOW / “A Trans Funeral at St.Patrick's Cathedral Condemned by New York Archdiocese” / -48min
✏️ Description:
“Reverend Salvo expresses his disappointment over a controversial funeral service held at St. Patrick's Cathedral for a transgender woman named Cecilia.
Salvo emphasizes the importance of adhering to Catholic Church teachings during funeral liturgies, which aim to give praise and thanks to God and commend the deceased to His tender mercy and compassion.

However, the service for Cecilia, as reported, deviated from this expectation, causing a "nightmare" for those involved.
Father Leo expresses how the service focused on the deceased person -rather than God- and notes the challenge of managing varied reactions from the crowd when the Liturgy does not involve the celebration of the Eucharist.
Cecilia's partner, Peter, delivered a profound and heartfelt eulogy that highlighted her selfless nature and impact on many lives, regardless of her identity.

Father Leo acknowledges the emotional responses and community needs during funeral services
but stresses the importance of preserving solemnity and reverence towards God.”
Found in Comments:

✏️ @user-yv8gx5vk7j WROTE:
“My understanding is that as soon as it became clear that things were going very wrong, it was decided to switch to a service and the mass was stopped. Thereby ending the funeral sooner than intended.”

✏️ @davidculp-mp5hi WROTE:
“He did stop the Mass and replaced it with a service.”

✏️ 23:00 Announced, “Funeral service, no mass.”
(Quick thinking.)
All Christians, not Catholics alone, are challenged by those who worship self as god, and who worship carnal sin. This incident paints a picture of the hard challenge, along with the attempt to meet the challenge in ways that honor God.

The intention is deliberate showy provocation.
The Christian goal is to resist being provoked into ungodliness. God’s will, not our own.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

That was a truly disgusting spectacle to watch - the funeralgoers got up and preached blasphemy from the pulpit, calling Cecilia the "mother of all whores", and acting as if this was a good thing. This truly reveals what the LGBT agenda is.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:53 pm That was a truly disgusting spectacle to watch - the funeralgoers got up and preached blasphemy from the pulpit, calling Cecilia the "mother of all whores", and acting as if this was a good thing. This truly reveals what the LGBT agenda is.
correct.
i appreciated how Father Leo began with describing this as evil and sacrilege, the pain was evident on his face.
he went on to break it down, step by step.

sometimes wrong is done in ignorance. other times, wrong is done in educated, calculated ways, with aim to do the greatest damage.

Father Leo doesn’t mention the sins of pride and covetousness, but, i believe these are central to those who obsess over ruining and/or appropriating what belongs to others. Healthy, well-adjusted people don’t do that.

There is no intrinsic need for these types of deeply insulting displays. The goal is destruction.
Like any pagan bonfire, destruction is all there is.

Not at St Patrick’s, alone, “You will know them by their fruits.”

i believe the leading priest was wise to withhold the mass.
0 x

UNKNOWN