Prayers for the Catholic Church

General Christian Theology
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayers for the Catholic Church

Post by temporal1 »

.. You brought him into this thread (not me) as an example of....well I'm not exactly sure what. ..
possibly you don’t understand the history of prayer threads on this forum. (in my experience) prayer threads are given
respect for prayers. there are ample other places to get into contests.

in this case, as i tried to clarify above, i detected a problem in the Catholic Church with Fr Pavone, a prolife leader (prolife is a priority interest to me) - the INTENT was to pray for the overall situation, the Church, and Fr Pavone, for wisdom and guidance in response and judgments. A TYPICAL INTENT - for this forum. not typical in world politics.

most on this forum understand that noisy headlines are OFTEN incomplete, wrong, or even intentional lies.
so, jumping to conclusions based on (for instance) initial AP reports is not a wise choice.

noisy headlines are just the starting point, nothing more. no matter how much they are wanted+loved.
your response shows where your heart is, you want the AP report to be right! you want even worse, if you can get it.

evidently, you see the above pics as particularly damning for Fr Pavone. i see them as just pics of a Catholic priest with a politician.
nothing extraordinary.

not everyone has the rigid tribal view of life. many grieve for all parties when train wrecks happen, wanting better for all.

Matt Walsh describes some non-AP insights, from a conservative Catholic pov. i appreciate his view.
he describes much to pray for - thus, i added his video to this topic, for added details for direction of prayers.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:20 pmevidently, you see the above pics as particularly damning for Fr Pavone. i see them as just pics of a Catholic priest with a politician.
nothing extraordinary.
I'm not Catholic although my wife and her entire extended family are. So I don't really care what standards the Catholic church uses to determine who should or should not represent them as a priest or leader. That is their prerogative under the First Amendment and general principles of religious freedom.

That said, this particular priest has been in the national news for being defrocked. And, although the actual internal church order has not been released, at least one reason given was that he refused direct orders to stop with the partisan political activities that he was engaged in while also acting as a priest. Apparently the term used by the Vatican was "persistent disobedience of his Bishop" to cease with the partisan politicking which both his Twitter feed and Facebook feed demonstrate he was very much engaged in. Even his famous dead fetus on the altar stunt was actually part of a pro-Trump sermon and appeal.

He was assigned by the church to be a priest in the diocese of Amarillo TX which, like every other diocese in the country, has both Democrats and Republicans and probably a majority of people who aren't particularly partisan either way. For a priest to employ his priesthood in such a partisan political way only alienates half of his parish and undermines the mission of the church to represent God and not the kingdoms of men. If the Catholic Church becomes the Church of Trump it will only accelerate its decline. It looks to me like the Vatican was very much correct in its decision to remove him. It doesn't even seem like a close call.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

What an uplifting response from Fr Pavone! :D
When i viewed yesterday, Christmas Day, the recognized day of the BIRTH of BABY JESUS,
Fr Pavone’s words, sentiment, demeanor (relaxed, smiling, gentle) were like an answer to prayer.

Jesus Christ is our answer to prayer. ✝️

Defrocked Priest Responds to Vatican, Isn't Backing Down: 'We're Not Going Anywhere' / 9min

As scriptures tell us, with Jesus, faith and hope are ours, and more than those things, in every circumstance.

What will be necessary for the world to wait to hear from the accused before jumping on propaganda bandwagons?
prayers for that, too! :D

It’s too strangely similar to the world Jesus was BORN into, the world that hated Him, ‘cause they feared Him.
He was poor, and BORN.

PRAYERS FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ✝️
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

He was poor, and BORN.
Shockingly, if innocent Mary was going through this in current U.S., she would be counseled to abort, very possibly behind her parents’ backs - not just by by her well-meaning friends, by adult professionals in her life, teachers+doctors, promoted and funded by: CAESAR. :shock: Elizabeth, too.

Caesar is still at it. By comparison to today, Herod was a restrained moderate in the babies he targeted for death.

2000+ years later, there cannot be too many prayers for where the world is.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

BEN SHAPIRO / Frank Pavone | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 134 / -55min

Description:
In November 2022, the Vatican removed outspoken pro-life Roman Catholic priest Frank Pavone from the priesthood for “blasphemous communications on social media” and “persistent disobedience.”

In this episode, Father Frank joins us to discuss the controversy around his dismissal, clergy resistance to addressing abortion, speaking moral truth in the political arena, Pope Francis and the future of the Catholic church, and more.

Father Frank Pavone was ordained to the priesthood in 1988 and assigned to St. Charles’s Church in Staten Island.
In 1993, he sought and obtained permission from Cardinal John O’Connor to devote his ministry to ending abortion, and was appointed director of Priests for Life. Father Pavone is also the President of the National Pro-Life Religious Council and the chairman of
Rachel’s Vineyard, an organization offering weekend retreats in order to “renew, rebuild, and redeem hearts broken by abortion.”

After viewing this more than once, i’m left wondering if, in this surreal “day+age” Mother Theresa would be removed from her work?
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Nordic bishops issue letter affirming Church teaching on human sexuality
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... -sexuality
Bishops from the five Nordic countries have released a letter on the traditional Christian teaching on sexuality, upholding the “embodied integrity of personhood” against modern transgender ideologies.
“Now, notions of what it is to be a human, and so a sexual being, are in flux. What is taken for granted today may be rejected tomorrow. Anyone who stakes much on passing theories risks being terribly hurt. We need deep roots,” the eight members of the Nordic bishops’ conference say in the letter, which was released Saturday.
“Let us, then, try to appropriate the fundamental principles of Christian anthropology while reaching out in friendship, with respect, to those who feel estranged by them,” they continue. “We owe it to the Lord, to ourselves, and to our world, to give an account of what we believe, and of why we believe it to be true.”
The pastoral letter is being read aloud at Masses this weekend at Catholic churches in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland. EWTN Norway provided CNA with a copy of the letter.

Cardinal Anders Arborelius, the bishop of Stockholm, Sweden, is among the document’s eight signers.
The others are: from Norway, Bishop Erik Varden of Trondheim, Bishop Berislav Grgić of Tromsø, and Bishop Bernt Eidsvig of Oslo; from Denmark, Bishop Czeslaw Kozon of Copenhagen; from Iceland, Bishop Dávid Tencer of Reykjavik and Bishop Emeritus Pierre Bürcher of Reykjavik; and from Finland, Father Marco Pasinato, apostolic administrator of Helsinki.

“Our mission and task as bishops is to point towards the peaceful, life-giving path of Christ’s commandments, narrow at the outset but growing broader as we advance,” the bishops state in the letter.
“We would let you down if we offered less,” the bishops say, adding, “we were not ordained to preach little notions of our own.”
The bishops explain that there is room for everyone in the Church, which, according to a fourth-century text, is “the mercy of God descending on mankind.”
“This mercy excludes no one. But it sets a high ideal,” the letter states.

The pastoral letter begins by recalling the 40 days and nights of rain that flooded the earth in the days of Noah.

It says that when Noah and his relatives stepped back onto the cleansed earth, God made his first covenant with man, promising that a flood would never again destroy the earth.

God asked mankind, instead, to revere God, to construct peace, and to be fruitful, the bishops said.
To ratify the covenant, God created a sign: a rainbow.

“This covenantal sign, the rainbow, is claimed in our time as the symbol of a movement that is at once political and cultural,” the bishops note. “We recognize all that is noble in this movement’s aspirations. In so far as these speak of the dignity of all human beings and of their longing to be seen, we share them.”

“The Church,” the letter continues, “condemns unjust discrimination of any kind, also on the basis of gender or orientation. We declare dissent, however, when the movement puts forward a view of human nature that abstracts from the embodied integrity of personhood, as if physical gender were accidental.”

The bishops also say in the letter they protest that such a view is imposed on children as “not a daring hypothesis but a proven truth.”
Transgenderism is “imposed on minors as a heavy burden of self-determination for which they are not ready,” the bishops lament, calling it “curious” that in an intensely body-conscious society, the body is in fact taken too lightly. .. ..
text continues ..
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Cardinal Sarah: No Synod Can Invent a ‘Female Priesthood’
The prefect emeritus of the Dicastery for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments calls priesthood a ‘divine gift’ in talk at Conciliar Seminary in Mexico City.
https://www.ncregister.com/cna/cardinal ... priesthood

0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

“Ben Shapiro Asks About a Schism Under Pope Francis w/ Fr. Jason Charron” / 7:17min
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^Before listening to Fr Charron about the pope “not always” speaking (as the holy see) but sometimes speaking as the man,
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, i thought Catholics always regarded the pope as holy.

This report below may be one example of Jorge Mario Bergoglio: (“climate action” is not Catholic doctrine?)

NBC / “Pope Francis calls out fossil fuel companies, says climate action is too slow”
In a new document titled “Laudate Deum,” or “Praise God,” the head of the Catholic Church issued his strongest warning yet that action is needed to alleviate suffering.
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environ ... rcna118578

As an outsider, this is helpful, that the pope speaks in two ways, as the pope, but also as the man, altho, i’m not sure it’s correct. :?
If correct, why not quote him as JMB when appropriate, instead of always referring to him as pope in all his words/writings?

In this way, the pope and Catholic doctrine can be understood as unchanging .. while Jorge Mario Bergoglio has opinions and can be confusing?

bio / Pope Francis
http://www.vatican.va/content/francesco ... oglio.html
0 x

UNKNOWN
AndersonD
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by AndersonD »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:41 am
He was poor, and BORN.
Shockingly, if innocent Mary was going through this in current U.S., she would be counseled to abort, very possibly behind her parents’ backs - not just by by her well-meaning friends, by adult professionals in her life, teachers+doctors, promoted and funded by: CAESAR. :shock: Elizabeth, too.

Caesar is still at it. By comparison to today, Herod was a restrained moderate in the babies he targeted for death.

2000+ years later, there cannot be too many prayers for where the world is.
You are a broken record. I rarely read you and Grace's posts from beginning to end cuz they are so predictable.

I learn something stupid from you every day like Herod was a restrained moderate.
0 x