Take every thought captive

General Christian Theology
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Take every thought captive

Post by RZehr »

What is the weapon? It isn't of the flesh, or worldly.
1 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

First off, I apologize for not being on in the past few days to engage in conversation. I think you've all issued some good thoughts. I'm really intrigued by Bootstraps thoughts. I'll admit, I was brought up in a very.. errr..."out of context" kind of church/ family. So bear with me. Your points do make sense.
RZehr wrote:What is the weapon? It isn't of the flesh, or worldly.
Interesting question. Is it something we can really pinpoint?
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power
Anything with divine power is something far bigger than us. I imagine in such situations, like the one Paul is in here, where men stand up against the knowledge of God, an intervention by the divine is called for.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
RZehr wrote:What is the weapon? It isn't of the flesh, or worldly.
Interesting question. Is it something we can really pinpoint?
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power
Anything with divine power is something far bigger than us. I imagine in such situations, like the one Paul is in here, where men stand up against the knowledge of God, an intervention by the divine is called for.
To pinpoint this, it might be helpful to study 2 Corinthians. It's been a while. Anyone want to read through the book and make a list of ways that Paul approaches his opponents in the book? This is one of those neglected books of the New Testament that is surprisingly rich.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Bootstrap wrote:Anyone want to read through the book and make a list of ways that Paul approaches his opponents in the book? This is one of those neglected books of the New Testament that is surprisingly rich.
I'll read along and (try) to put forth some input. I've always liked 2 Corinthians.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do