How many are saved?

General Christian Theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

How many are saved?

Post by Soloist »

I thought about a poll but then decided not to. :mrgreen:

I heard a sermon once referencing Denny Kenaston being at a meeting of pastors and how this question was asked in regard to a church. One aged pastor said without skipping a beat less then (something in the area of 5%-20%) I can't remember the exact number. This thinking in context of the Bible verses about the narrow way and how few would find it. The other side is talking about how a number no man can number in the heavenly multitude. Thoughts in context with the church?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Re: How many are saved?

Post by cmbl »

Perhaps this is an aside, but I think it means they lack even the concept of a pure church. (Having the concept is not a guarantee that one will have a pure church.)
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Soloist wrote:I thought about a poll but then decided not to. :mrgreen:

I heard a sermon once referencing Denny Kenaston being at a meeting of pastors and how this question was asked in regard to a church. One aged pastor said without skipping a beat less then (something in the area of 5%-20%) I can't remember the exact number. This thinking in context of the Bible verses about the narrow way and how few would find it. The other side is talking about how a number no man can number in the heavenly multitude. Thoughts in context with the church?
Leonard Ravenhill once said 5%, I believe.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day. For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6 :39-40
That is how many.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Sudsy wrote:
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day. For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6 :39-40
That is how many.
And any other answer is somewhat presumptuous.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown