Vaccines and the Mark of the Beast

General Christian Theology
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Vaccines and the Mark of the Beast

Post by Bootstrap »

Soloist wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:34 am Your point? the vaccine is the mark of the beast for me. To take it means accepting the enemy and his means. His power over death by death.

I will not accept the blood or body of the innocent child being used to prolong my life. They had no choice. Jesus chose to offer His body and blood as a living sacrifice for us.
Soloist, are you using "mark of the beast" as a general term for any form of compulsion to sin? Is a draft card also the mark of the beast for you?

Or do you actually believe this passage in the Revelation is a prophecy about the current campaign to vaccinate people, where these vaccines indicate this is the time of fulfillment?

As for "buying and selling", are you saying that anything that makes it harder to buy and sell means this is that time? Or does it actually need to get to the point that people cannot buy or sell with reasonable effort? In your mind, how would I know when we have reached the time of fulfillment for this prophecy?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

gcdonner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:07 pm
2Pe_1:20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For this particular passage, it's worth remembering that all kinds of things have been called the Mark of the Beast throughout history. I have to assume that some of these interpretations were wrong. We need to test interpretations of Scripture.
Wade wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pmIf every Christian had the resolve and morality of Soloist in his second paragraph then it wouldn't be seen as private whatsoever. Imagine that every Christian wanting rather to die than accept the blood of another person to prolong their own life. :idea:
I respect his zeal and his eagerness to do what is right. And if I thought this was the Mark of the Beast, I would have that same zeal.

But zeal alone does not mean this is what the Revelation is actually trying to tell us. Is this zeal based on knowledge? Is this really what the passage is saying?

To me, this article seems right.
4 Reasons COVID-19 Vaccination Is Not the Mark of the Beast

Here are some things to consider:

1. Deliberate identifying: The Mark in Revelation chapter 13 symbolizes deliberate identification with the Beast. And as such, identifying with Satan’s kingdom is what will keep you out of heaven—not getting vaccinated as intimated by West.

2. Intentional rejection: Taking on the Mark of the Beast is an intentional rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior during the seven-year period of Tribulation.

3. Loyalty and devotion: Contrary to some of the more fear-inducing theories that have in the past gained steam in some evangelical circles, the Mark cannot be accidentally taken. It is closely tied to the worship of the Beast (Revelation 13:12, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:4), and the Mark represents loyalty and devotion to the Beast.

4. Vaccination isn’t worship: COVID-19 infection is out of our control. We do not choose whether or not we get the virus. We can choose how much we expose others to it through our behavior. So choosing the vaccine is NOT choosing to identify with and worship anything at all.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:17 pm
2Pe_1:20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For this particular passage, it's worth remembering that all kinds of things have been called the Mark of the Beast throughout history. I have to assume that some of these interpretations were wrong. We need to test interpretations of Scripture.
Wade wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pmIf every Christian had the resolve and morality of Soloist in his second paragraph then it wouldn't be seen as private whatsoever. Imagine that every Christian wanting rather to die than accept the blood of another person to prolong their own life. :idea:
I respect his zeal and his eagerness to do what is right. And if I thought this was the Mark of the Beast, I would have that same zeal.

But zeal alone does not mean this is what the Revelation is actually trying to tell us. Is this zeal based on knowledge? Is this really what the passage is saying?

To me, this article seems right.
4 Reasons COVID-19 Vaccination Is Not the Mark of the Beast

Here are some things to consider:

1. Deliberate identifying: The Mark in Revelation chapter 13 symbolizes deliberate identification with the Beast. And as such, identifying with Satan’s kingdom is what will keep you out of heaven—not getting vaccinated as intimated by West.

2. Intentional rejection: Taking on the Mark of the Beast is an intentional rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior during the seven-year period of Tribulation.

3. Loyalty and devotion: Contrary to some of the more fear-inducing theories that have in the past gained steam in some evangelical circles, the Mark cannot be accidentally taken. It is closely tied to the worship of the Beast (Revelation 13:12, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:4), and the Mark represents loyalty and devotion to the Beast.

4. Vaccination isn’t worship: COVID-19 infection is out of our control. We do not choose whether or not we get the virus. We can choose how much we expose others to it through our behavior. So choosing the vaccine is NOT choosing to identify with and worship anything at all.
1. A voluntary experimental injection of a substance that was developed through the use of murdered babies does NOT identify with God or His kingdom!

2. If you know the answer I gave to number 1 then willingly taking such medication could very easily be rejecting Christ - "as you've done it into the least of these, so you've done it into me."

3. I don't understand why anyone says accident? You know full well you are accepting a drug that is made with the use of murdered babies. I see many people being loyal to this spirit of obeying the mandates and forsaking gathering in the name of Christ.

4. Worship can simply be what we bow down to. Need I say more? I had a Christian tell me last week that the vaccinated are the only ones that will survive. This has happened a few times where Christians have declared to me that the vaccine is the saviour.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Wade wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pm
Soloist wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:34 am

Your point? the vaccine is the mark of the beast for me. To take it means accepting the enemy and his means. His power over death by death.

I will not accept the blood or body of the innocent child being used to prolong my life. They had no choice. Jesus chose to offer His body and blood as a living sacrifice for us.
If every Christian had the resolve and morality of Soloist in his second paragraph then it wouldn't be seen as private whatsoever. Imagine that every Christian wanting rather to die than accept the blood of another person to prolong their own life. :idea:
I won't take the vaccine for this reason amongst others, but it in no way means it is the mark of the beast.
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Are all the vaccines made with fetal material? Is this a documented fact or supposition?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

gcdonner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm Are all the vaccines made with fetal material? Is this a documented fact or supposition?
There is no supposition here. You've evidently not read the threads where I have laid out the proof of the vaccines using fetal cells for research, development, testing, and production, depending on which vaccine you are talking about. Anyway, the secular world is trying their hardest to say it doesn't matter by pointing out all the other medications or vaccines also made the same way. This stuff has been going on a long time but has only really been spiked dramatically in the last handful of years.

No private interpretation here. Multiple others around the country identify with the position and the evilness of the use.
Besides, don't you believe Revelation already happened?
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:36 pm
Soloist wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:34 am Your point? the vaccine is the mark of the beast for me. To take it means accepting the enemy and his means. His power over death by death.

Soloist, are you using "mark of the beast" as a general term for any form of compulsion to sin? Is a draft card also the mark of the beast for you?

Or do you actually believe this passage in the Revelation is a prophecy about the current campaign to vaccinate people, where these vaccines indicate this is the time of fulfillment?

As for "buying and selling", are you saying that anything that makes it harder to buy and sell means this is that time? Or does it actually need to get to the point that people cannot buy or sell with reasonable effort? In your mind, how would I know when we have reached the time of fulfillment for this prophecy?
I made a post related to this a while back and generally got flamed for suggesting any connection to the mark of the beast. All I wanted to discuss was Peter Hoover's idea about multiple marks.
I would say I don't know if there is a literal mark, or if the various things called 'the mark' over the years have been so for some people. Some commentators think the right hand/forehead reference are pointing to your thoughts/actions. All I will definitively say is that if you do something which goes against God willingly despite your conviction, you will take the taint of the evil one upon you.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 pmYou can always get vaccinated and then throw away your vaccine card and avoid "the mark" that way.
Except you can't buy and sell without showing your proof of vaccination. (And you could buy and sell if you forged a vaccine card, which shows this is really just about submitting to a mandatory regime, not actually about public health at all.)
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

gcdonner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 pm Are all the vaccines made with fetal material? Is this a documented fact or supposition?
The ones on the U.S. market are all made with, or developed using, fetal stem cells. Unfortunately.

As far as I know, one or both of the Chinese vaccines were not, as they were rapidly developed and made with much more conventional technology.

Unfortunately other new vaccines (like the chickenpox vaccine) also have been developed with fetal stem cells. It is my position to avoid this entirely, although I would not go so far as to break fellowship with someone else who uses such vaccines.
0 x
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:48 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 pmYou can always get vaccinated and then throw away your vaccine card and avoid "the mark" that way.
Except you can't buy and sell without showing your proof of vaccination. (And you could buy and sell if you forged a vaccine card, which shows this is really just about submitting to a mandatory regime, not actually about public health at all.)
Which is it? Is the vaccine the "mark of the beast" or is the CDC vaccine card the "mark of the beast" They are two separate things.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr