Thanksgiving Meals

General Christian Theology
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Thanksgiving Meals

Post by Joy »

Deer are a big hazard on the highways, too. Gun sounds wouldn't work there.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Joy wrote:Deer are a big hazard on the highways, too. Gun sounds wouldn't work there.
I just wish people wouldn't encourage them with Deer Crossing signs.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Joy

Post by Joy »

Bootstrap wrote:
Joy wrote:Deer are a big hazard on the highways, too. Gun sounds wouldn't work there.
I just wish people wouldn't encourage them with Deer Crossing signs.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Oh, deer! And the tunnels under the road for some smaller animals; who/which, I might add, can't read the signs. :?
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:Could you justify ordering this to serve your Thanksgiving day guests? Would it be easier to justify buying it for yourself?

Japanese Wagyu Boneless Ribeye Roast, A5 Grade, 12 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 83 reviews.(83)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu New York Strip Loin Roast, A5 Grade, 11 lbs
$999.99
$280 OFF

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 48 reviews.(48)
Compare Product
Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin Roast, A5 Grade 6 lbs.
$799.99
$200 OFF

Japanese Wagyu, A5 Grade, Genuine Kobe Beef Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.

Item 1379091
Your Price $2,299.99
Price Per POUND: $383.33
Shipping & Handling Included*

Features:
1 A5 Grade Kobe Beef Boneless Tenderloin Roast, 6 lbs.
Imported from the Kobe, Japan
Ships uncooked and frozen
Ships UPS 2-Day Air (Included)
Available at Costco.
WOW!
JUST....WOW! :shock: :o :pray

At those prices they could ship the entire cow live.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Yes, deer and especially moose here in Canada are a driving danger. On some major highways fencing is used with some positive results. Deer ticks can also be a problem. And over population will reduce food supply and deer can starve to death. Imo, there is good reasons to maintain the size of the population of some animals. We have a deer cull every year in a National Park just a few miles from where I live.

What I had experienced growing up hunting was it was a sport no different than playing hockey or baseball or football, etc. It was primarily an ego thing and in deer hunting the guy that shot the deer with the most points on the deer's antlers was the 'big game hunter'. For most guys I hunted with it was a pride thing. Some liked the meat but most grounded it up with other meat for burgers. There was this thrill of the kill. Been there, done that many times. Then, one day, for me that taking an animals life no longer had any appeal.

However, years later in the conservation of the purple martin birds I did get into killing house sparrows that are a big problem with this conservation. Today, we use other means when we can like catch, transport elsewhere and release.

I'm not suggesting killing animals for food is wrong for a Christian. That is a personal conviction. As I grow older, all life is more precious and abusing and/or killing animals is too violent in my mind.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Hats Off wrote: Where do you get your (biased) information from? Farmers find that contended cows give more milk - cow comfort is high on the progressive dairy farmer's priority, not because of animal rightists, but because contended and healthy cows produce more milk at lower cost and and live longer. What gives you the idea that cows are normally and regularly treated with cruelty?
Is it not true that new born calves are taken from their mothers just a day or two after birth ? Then the cow will be made pregnant again two to three months after her calf has been removed and the process is repeated every year until she is killed. This sounds to me like exploiting an animal by keeping a continuous reproduction cycle going. Correct me if this is wrong.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Sudsy wrote:
Regarding justifying the buying of expensive meats, I can't justify in various ways why I do many things. I am far from perfect and sometimes I will spend money on myself quite selfishly when it could be used for more eternal purposes.

Whoops got to go and others have posted before I read them.
So far, I have yet to see anyone justifying meat at the prices shown.
0 x
Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Sudsy wrote:
Hats Off wrote: Where do you get your (biased) information from? Farmers find that contended cows give more milk - cow comfort is high on the progressive dairy farmer's priority, not because of animal rightists, but because contended and healthy cows produce more milk at lower cost and and live longer. What gives you the idea that cows are normally and regularly treated with cruelty?
Is it not true that new born calves are taken from their mothers just a day or two after birth ? Then the cow will be made pregnant again two to three months after her calf has been removed and the process is repeated every year until she is killed. This sounds to me like exploiting an animal by keeping a continuous reproduction cycle going. Correct me if this is wrong.
It is not exploiting an animal - it is just following the natural reproductive cycles as created by God.
0 x
Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Today, we use other means when we can like catch, transport elsewhere and release.
You like the idea of just moving the problem somewhere else! Is it better if the house sparrows bother the purple martins at my house? Is it better if your coons are moved to the country where they ear my corn? That is one of the reasons farmers have so many cats. Urban people think dropping off surplus cats in the country is a good thing.
0 x
Joy

Post by Joy »

A catch and release story.

Before my neighbor, who now lives in California, lived on my street, she had a mouse problem in her house; so she caught him and dropped him off a short distance away. He immediately made a beeline for her house.

So she caught him again, and drove him (I think) ten miles away and released him. A hawk promptly swooped down and made lunch of him. :shock:
0 x