US Religious Knowledge Quiz

General Christian Theology
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Re: US Religious Knowledge Quiz

Post by joshuabgood »

If I hadn't used to regularly teach Global Studies 1 and 2 I probably wouldn't have gotten Kabbalah question and Buddha question.
0 x
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Post by QuietObserver »

13/15
I’m younger than most of the folks on here, so give me a break.

I did find it surprising that men did better than women. I wonder why. Women tend to be more religious than men, perhaps they’re less interested in learning about other religions.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

QuietObserver wrote:13/15
I’m younger than most of the folks on here, so give me a break.

I did find it surprising that men did better than women. I wonder why. Women tend to be more religious than men, perhaps they’re less interested in learning about other religions.
Men tend to score very slightly higher on tests that ask the test subject various random facts about the outside world (see Weschler, 1955). With that said I wouldn’t find the slight difference to be “statistically significant”.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

14/15. I am ignorant about " Kabbalah".
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

I got the Kabbalah one wrong.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

I got the Buddhism one right because I learned about Buddhism in my world history class. 15/15 otherwise, though most questions weren't especially difficult.
0 x
KirkDaniel
Affiliation:

Post by KirkDaniel »

For all of you-uns that got the Kabbalah question wrong, do not lose courage.

The only reason I knew it is because we were made to read the book NIght, by Elie Wiesel in 10th grade. It's a harrowing account about his survival during the Holocaust. Anyway, it is so well written that I have read it multiple times through the years. In it, he mentions the Kabbalah, and how he was trying to get initiated into the mystic side of Judaism before his life was shattered.

Were it not for that book, I would have missed the question, too. I mean, who sits around talking about the Kabbalah on lazy Sunday afternoons?
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ernie wrote:I got the Kabbalah one wrong.
I got that one wrong too- 13 out of 15- the other one was Yoga- I always mistakenly associated it with Budhism which wasn't even a choice- I picked the answer then (wrong) by just guessing.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

ohio jones wrote:14/15, due to my ignorance of Buddhism.
Ditto.http://forum.mennonet.com/posting.php?m ... 68&p=60742#
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.