Synthetic human embryo raises ethical issues

General Christian Theology
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

A query for those who are presently and actively involved in Christian fellowships and are practicing Christians:

How would you and your fellowship address the ethics of synthetic human embryos? How would you disseminate that teaching to your congregation?

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Synthetic human embryo raises ethical issues

Post by Soloist »

I’ll have to look later at the article to accurately respond. If you posted it I can read it on my phone and respond sooner.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Scientists have created the synthetic human embryos - using no eggs or sperm - provoking deep ethical questions, according to reports.
Well... thats very misleading

Stem cells have the capacity to become any cell-type in the body and if coaxed in just the right way can be persuaded to form embryos.

This is the first time that has been achieved using human material. Although, they are not truly "synthetic", as the starting material was cells cultured from a traditional embryo in the laboratory.

"It's beautiful and created entirely from embryonic stem cells," Prof Zernicka-Goetz told the Guardian newspaper.

She has already developed synthetic mouse embryos with evidence of a developing brain and beating heart.

Meanwhile, scientists in China have implanted synthetic monkey embryos into female monkeys - although, all the pregnancies failed.
Just as ethically compromised as any embryonic research. Still results from killing life and isn't possible without life. Synthetic indeed :roll:

To answer the questions, I don't see any need to specifically teach anyone on this as 99.999% of us are not scientists in research labs.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

They were talking about this on Christian radio tonight
As well as AI.
Really weird times!
1 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:24 pm They were talking about this on Christian radio tonight
As well as AI.
Really weird times!
Most certainly. Has your fellowship addressed any of these issues (AI, homosexual lobbies, medical experiments)?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:39 pm
Valerie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:24 pm They were talking about this on Christian radio tonight
As well as AI.
Really weird times!
Most certainly. Has your fellowship addressed any of these issues (AI, homosexual lobbies, medical experiments)?
Not really, Pastor feels his calling is to keep preaching through the Bible. I noticed lately he focused on Romans 1 and the book of Jude for obvious reasons he has to keep contending for the faith knowing that society and general is deteriorating and he does not want his flock influenced to accept that which God says a sin. He may end up bringing up AI & the sickening creation of embryos it just blows the mind.

Does it feel like the fullness of the Gentiles is upon us?
1 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:07 am
MaxPC wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:39 pm
As well as AI.
Really weird times!
Not really, Pastor feels his calling is to keep preaching through the Bible. I noticed lately he focused on Romans 1 and the book of Jude for obvious reasons he has to keep contending for the faith knowing that society and general is deteriorating and he does not want his flock influenced to accept that which God says a sin. He may end up bringing up AI & the sickening creation of embryos it just blows the mind.

Does it feel like the fullness of the Gentiles is upon us?
Certainly the fullness of something.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)