Worldliness

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Worldliness

Post by Josh »

I’m not terribly concerned with the musical style people use to praise Jesus on Sunday.

I’m very concerned about what recorded music and lyrics they are pumping into their heads the rest of the week.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Well, I do get compliments on my hat - maybe you should try it. I found a nice lite weight hat - paid about 5 dollars for it - I have one straw hat and one tightly woven. When I buy them I buy two at a time. For Sunday i wear the regulation hat but it is too heavy for me for a work hat.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Hats Off wrote:Well, I do get compliments on my hat - maybe you should try it. I found a nice lite weight hat - paid about 5 dollars for it - I have one straw hat and one tightly woven. When I buy them I buy two at a time. For Sunday i wear the regulation hat but it is too heavy for me for a work hat.
Is it CSA approved?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

silentreader wrote:
Hats Off wrote:Well, I do get compliments on my hat - maybe you should try it. I found a nice lite weight hat - paid about 5 dollars for it - I have one straw hat and one tightly woven. When I buy them I buy two at a time. For Sunday i wear the regulation hat but it is too heavy for me for a work hat.
Is it CSA approved?
The work hat doesn't need certification or approval, it meets the standards - the Sunday hat is MW approved.
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Hats Off wrote:We have this feeling (teaching) that the younger should submit to the older, not the other way around. And I am now 70, so submit! :lol:
:D I'm 70 also and soon 71. It might be interesting to create a poll with 5 or 10 year ranges. I suspect most on this forum are over 30 years old and perhaps even over 40.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

We are worldly if we are looking for goods like fame, wealth and power, as they are spent by this world. (What's about entertainment?)
0 x