Sowing Discord

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Sowing Discord

Post by MaxPC »

I really enjoyed the articles at the website of Living Waters Mennonite Church Provo UT. I showed a friend of mine the articles on "Anger" and the one below on "Sowing Discord". We're seeing these behaviors become more and more prevalent in various churches and fellowships. Is it satan? I daresay it is. Is it sin? The temptations to spout off are available all too readily on social media. I'm always struck by how timeless, how eternal the Scriptures are in addressing the human condition of frailty and also hope. My friend enjoyed it and so I pass it along to you.
Living Water Mennonite Church & Christian Ministry
He that believeth on ME, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of LIVING WATER. ~John 7:38

Sowing Discord

Posted on September 18, 2016 by admin
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Sowing discord among the brotherhood is an abomination in the eyes of Almighty God!

As you consider your own walk of life, what kind of seed have you sown?
-Do you find yourself sowing discord?
-Are you critical and judgmental of others?
-Are you selfish and often angry with others?
-Do you blame others because you are reaping a poor harvest?
-Do you speak evil of others?
-Do you take personal responsibility for the wrong choices that you have made?
-Do you willingly forgive those whom you perceive to have harmed you?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
What you have sown is or will be evident by your harvest.

If you want to see what a person has done with his life, look for the fruit of his harvest.
-He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption.
-He that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Is it possible to sow good seed and end up with a corrupt harvest?

Matthew 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 6:10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

If we are going to produce a good harvest, we need to understand what we are up against and take action accordingly.

We are in a battle where the powers of evil are at work to devastate and destroy us.

Do we need to fall victim to the snares of the devil?
-Absolutely not!!

God has provided a way of defense so that we can live in victory over sin!

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Look at who sowed what in this parable…
Matthew 13:24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

We live in a day where God is in the business of reconciliation and simply hates divisions among the people of God.

Those who stir up division have a nature that is contrary to the nature of God.

How should a follower of Christ respond to those who sow discord and stir up divisions among God’s people?

Galatians 6:1 ¶ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Romans 16:17 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Titus 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

(ESV)
10-11 As for a person that who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self condemned.

1Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2John 1:7 ¶ For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 ¶ If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

What is the purpose of avoiding or no longer interacting with those that sow discord among God’s people?
-God desires a spotless bride that is free from the deceitfulness of sin.
-God is a Holy and Just God and will turn His face against those who destroy His
Bride.
-We are not to become partakers or involved with the works of darkness.
-By accepting ones evil deeds, we may be guilty of giving false hope.

Jesus ministered and interacted with sinners.

He did not go about condemning those who were seeking for meaning and purpose in life.

…..But Jesus’ message was very clear!

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What is at the very root of what causes people to sow discord?
-Pride
-Uncontrolled Anger
-Selfishness
-A warped view of ones self-worth
-Hidden Sin
-Hypocrisy
-Bitterness

What does God want from you?
Repentance!

John 8:11b…..Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for your sin but you will only find true freedom and meaning in life (in Jesus Christ) through repentance, surrender, and service.
-Repentance…the action of repenting, sincere regret or remorse.
-Surrender…submission to God’s authority.
-Service…being of service and becoming a servant of God.

We are called to a life of Holiness and Righteousness that comes through the Power of God.

Can we boldly serve God through a life of Obedience, unwavering Faith, and Holiness?

Are we willing to let go of those sins that have separated us from God so that God can do His work of redemption within us?

If we are going to be of any use in the Kingdom of God, we will need to daily take up our cross and follow God with a pure heart!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

What does brotherhood look like?

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

You will never experience the joy of brotherhood it if you are a selfish, proud, independent, judgmental, and angry person.

You can not expect to find unity in the midst of unrighteous and unholy living.

Philippians 2:1 ¶ If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

When I have been redeemed by the Blood of Christ:
-there will be no sowing discord or divisions among God’s people but a life that is totally sold out for the Kingdom of God and bearing good fruit!

Examine your life and the fruit it has produced.

Are you where you want to be in your walk with God?

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Sowing Discord

Post by Soloist »

I enjoyed visiting the Provo folks. Good people... good thoughts.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

This is a good article to examine ourselves against the scripture. The important thing is to examine ourselves and sometimes when I read something like this I think this is dead on for so and so to read. The temptation is one the Pharisee gave into when he said he was thankful he was not like this other poor sinner. Been there, done that and needed to repent. Lots of good texts here, thankyou.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Sudsy wrote:This is a good article to examine ourselves against the scripture. The important thing is to examine ourselves and sometimes when I read something like this I think this is dead on for so and so to read. The temptation is one the Pharisee gave into when he said he was thankful he was not like this other poor sinner. Been there, done that and needed to repent. Lots of good texts here, thankyou.
I agree. We have in Catholic World a practice called Examination of Conscience that Catholics are encouraged to do every evening. At least once upon a time. These days we rarely hear it taught except in retreats. It's formulated to help the individual examine their own behaviors and find ways to be better in their discipleship. This article would be very useful as part of that personal examination. The discord being sown among believers has been a concern among my friends and myself. We all think that the Examination of Conscience should be taught more frequently again in Catholic World and this article's teaching would contribute much to it.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

2017, now 2020.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

There are certainly kinds of discords which are useless. On the other hand: If God really hated all divisions in his people, he ought to have prevented the Anabaptists from leaving the Catholic church. Well, now we have Anabaptists, and just we, who else, ought to stand up for pluralism as a normal state of affairs, in religion as well as in politics.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

PetrChelcicky wrote:There are certainly kinds of discords which are useless.

On the other hand:
If God really hated all divisions in his people, he ought to have prevented the Anabaptists from leaving the Catholic church.

Well, now we have Anabaptists, and just we, who else, ought to stand up for pluralism as a normal state of affairs, in religion as well as in politics.
There is a lot to consider.
Maybe in similar fashion, i’ve wondered if Jesus wasn’t the original divider, sent by His Father to divide. Imagine the synagogues He visited. It’s hard to imagine in real context. We know+accept Jesus as God. They did not. Try to imagine! Division, of itself, is not wrong in God’s eyes.

God knew His people would not always “present” as one, scriptures helps us ACCEPT differences,
if not understand, for instance in this helpful passage: He will judge

Romans 14:3
https://biblehub.com/romans/14-3.htm
The Law of Liberty

…2For one person has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables.

3The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him.

4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.…
Thinking of divisions.
This thread is about 6 hours study of the history of the Bible. It’s a lot to attempt to grasp.

Video: A Lamp in the Dark
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3138
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

PetrChelcicky wrote:There are certainly kinds of discords which are useless.
On the other hand:
If God really hated all divisions in his people, he ought to have prevented the Anabaptists from leaving the Catholic church. Well, now we have Anabaptists, and just we, who else, ought to stand up for pluralism as a normal state of affairs, in religion as well as in politics.
Luke 12:51
https://biblehub.com/luke/12-51.htm
Not Peace, But Division
…50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished!

51Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth?
No, I tell you, but division.

52From now on, five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.…
.. pray for the ability to discern. God’s will, not our own.
0 x

UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I find it interesting how "sowing discord" has bitterness connected to it. Bitterness can destroy a person from the inside out.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote:I find it interesting how "sowing discord" has bitterness connected to it. Bitterness can destroy a person from the inside out.
I agree. There is an old saying that is used in our circles when parents are teaching their children about the self-destruction that comes from bitterness:
“Holding a grudge is swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die.” Or something similar to that wording.

In my experiences, sowing discord comes from negativity and anger. It is the tacit expression of hostility, bitterness and ambition to control others. That is why I found the Living Waters monograph on this topic so worthwhile. My friends and acquaintances (with whom I shared this reference) are in agreement with the premises of this monograph; that it captures well the motivations of those who seek to be divisive.
MaxPC wrote:I really enjoyed the articles at the website of Living Waters Mennonite Church Provo UT. I showed a friend of mine the articles on "Anger" and the one below on "Sowing Discord". We're seeing these behaviors become more and more prevalent in various churches and fellowships. Is it satan? I daresay it is. Is it sin? The temptations to spout off are available all too readily on social media. I'm always struck by how timeless, how eternal the Scriptures are in addressing the human condition of frailty and also hope. My friend enjoyed it and so I pass it along to you.
Living Water Mennonite Church & Christian Ministry
He that believeth on ME, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of LIVING WATER. ~John 7:38

Sowing Discord

Posted on September 18, 2016 by admin
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Sowing discord among the brotherhood is an abomination in the eyes of Almighty God!

As you consider your own walk of life, what kind of seed have you sown?
-Do you find yourself sowing discord?
-Are you critical and judgmental of others?
-Are you selfish and often angry with others?
-Do you blame others because you are reaping a poor harvest?
-Do you speak evil of others?
-Do you take personal responsibility for the wrong choices that you have made?
-Do you willingly forgive those whom you perceive to have harmed you?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
What you have sown is or will be evident by your harvest.

If you want to see what a person has done with his life, look for the fruit of his harvest.
-He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption.
-He that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Is it possible to sow good seed and end up with a corrupt harvest?

Matthew 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 6:10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

If we are going to produce a good harvest, we need to understand what we are up against and take action accordingly.

We are in a battle where the powers of evil are at work to devastate and destroy us.

Do we need to fall victim to the snares of the devil?
-Absolutely not!!

God has provided a way of defense so that we can live in victory over sin!

Ephesians 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Look at who sowed what in this parable…
Matthew 13:24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

We live in a day where God is in the business of reconciliation and simply hates divisions among the people of God.

Those who stir up division have a nature that is contrary to the nature of God.

How should a follower of Christ respond to those who sow discord and stir up divisions among God’s people?

Galatians 6:1 ¶ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Romans 16:17 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Titus 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

(ESV)
10-11 As for a person that who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self condemned.

1Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2John 1:7 ¶ For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 ¶ If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

What is the purpose of avoiding or no longer interacting with those that sow discord among God’s people?
-God desires a spotless bride that is free from the deceitfulness of sin.
-God is a Holy and Just God and will turn His face against those who destroy His
Bride.
-We are not to become partakers or involved with the works of darkness.
-By accepting ones evil deeds, we may be guilty of giving false hope.

Jesus ministered and interacted with sinners.

He did not go about condemning those who were seeking for meaning and purpose in life.

…..But Jesus’ message was very clear!

John 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What is at the very root of what causes people to sow discord?
-Pride
-Uncontrolled Anger
-Selfishness
-A warped view of ones self-worth
-Hidden Sin
-Hypocrisy
-Bitterness

What does God want from you?
Repentance!

John 8:11b…..Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Jesus Christ has paid the penalty for your sin but you will only find true freedom and meaning in life (in Jesus Christ) through repentance, surrender, and service.
-Repentance…the action of repenting, sincere regret or remorse.
-Surrender…submission to God’s authority.
-Service…being of service and becoming a servant of God.

We are called to a life of Holiness and Righteousness that comes through the Power of God.

Can we boldly serve God through a life of Obedience, unwavering Faith, and Holiness?

Are we willing to let go of those sins that have separated us from God so that God can do His work of redemption within us?

If we are going to be of any use in the Kingdom of God, we will need to daily take up our cross and follow God with a pure heart!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

What does brotherhood look like?

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

You will never experience the joy of brotherhood it if you are a selfish, proud, independent, judgmental, and angry person.

You can not expect to find unity in the midst of unrighteous and unholy living.

Philippians 2:1 ¶ If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

When I have been redeemed by the Blood of Christ:
-there will be no sowing discord or divisions among God’s people but a life that is totally sold out for the Kingdom of God and bearing good fruit!

Examine your life and the fruit it has produced.

Are you where you want to be in your walk with God?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)