Hosting Hospitality towards visitors??

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

Does your church have a "Hospitality" schedule?

Total votes: 0

Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Hosting Hospitality towards visitors??

Post by Bootstrap »

steve-in-kville wrote:Haha ^^^^

My 100th post!! Compared to Josh's 2100!!
Congratulations on your centennial!

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

Host list, but I'm all for fellowship meal every week!
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Our hospitality consists of these - leaving the closest parking spots for visitors; greeters; an entrance help desk; every guest gets a stainless steal beverage container; a cafe and invite to have a before and after service snack and and a tour of the building for any new person. Greeters are often a husband and wife to shake your hand and give a brief overview of the facility (washrooms, direction to sanctuary, etc). The help desk offers things like our statement of faith, church events, etc. The cafe has a variety of coffees and other drinks and various fresh baked pastries. No charge just a free will donation jar. At offering time we always tell visitors this is not for them but for those who already have made this their church home. And if they still wish to give that is fine also.

As far as meals, we have various on-going after service meals often to raise monies for various causes. All visitors welcomed and there is no fee for the meal.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote:every guest gets a stainless steal beverage container
Are these distributed at the help desk, or is there a display with a sign that says Steal Away :?:
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

ohio jones wrote:
Sudsy wrote:every guest gets a stainless steal beverage container
Are these distributed at the help desk, or is there a display with a sign that says Steal Away :?:
:) Actually there is another spot called the HUB where these are given out - http://www.meadowbrook.ca/sundays/hub/
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit