Pilgrim Mennonite Conference current events

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Pilgrim Mennonite Conference current events

Post by Josh »

Given how expensive pick up trucks are, I often wonder how much of a Christian spirit it shows to have brand new fully loaded trucks.
1 x
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Post by JayP »

I have no religious or personal problem with him, but is it really surprising that Pilgrim is not “holding together” as a group considering how much there actual existence all stems from Stephen being ordained bishop. I know the evolution of the Lebanon district “issues” and despite their validity you cannot convince me Stephen (and not blaming him) was not still the key catalyst. He was always so dominant in Pilgrim that it was inevitable that either he could not continue to control everything from a vision standpoint OR that outlying congregations did not fully want to follow.

When Pilgrimsplit from EPMC they would NEVER have supported a web page. Not judging but clearly their standards have moved sufficiently from Eastern that some are not happy….hence the creation of Northeast Conference

Anyone with experience could see this coming.
0 x
cooper
Affiliation: LMC

Post by cooper »

JayP wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 pm When Pilgrimsplit from EPMC they would NEVER have supported a web page. Not judging but clearly their standards have moved sufficiently from Eastern that some are not happy….hence the creation of Northeast Conference
The Internet didn't exist in the way we think of it today in 1991. It's curious to me that it's okay for ultraconservatives to use the Internet for business to accumulate capital, but using the Internet for evangelism purposes such as helping people find their churches is no bueno.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

cooper wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:05 pm
JayP wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 pm When Pilgrimsplit from EPMC they would NEVER have supported a web page. Not judging but clearly their standards have moved sufficiently from Eastern that some are not happy….hence the creation of Northeast Conference
The Internet didn't exist in the way we think of it today in 1991. It's curious to me that it's okay for ultraconservatives to use the Internet for business to accumulate capital, but using the Internet for evangelism purposes such as helping people find their churches is no bueno.
Very curious indeed, and business is often the camel’s nose in the tent - where we all find out that the “business use” ends up including businessmen booking their vacation tickets in the Internet, finding deals for a nice boat on Facebook marketplace (via their Facebook account also justified for “business” for “marketing purposes”)…
0 x