Preparation for Baptism

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Re: Preparation for Baptism

Post by Heirbyadoption »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pmWhen OGBBs settle in an area, is it a community decision or an individual family decision?
I hear from a relative that the GA New Conference moved to southeast TN. Is that true?
To the first, it is an individual decision. After a few other families move to the same area, they generally start a formal congregation. To the second, no - the 10 or so members there around Cleveland are still there. A couple other families moved from OH to the Dunlap, TN area a few years ago, but there are no Georgians to my knowledge, other than that the NC minister living in TN has a brother in the Old Conference congregation there in GA...
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Heirbyadoption wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm
MaxPC wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pmWhen OGBBs settle in an area, is it a community decision or an individual family decision?
I hear from a relative that the GA New Conference moved to southeast TN. Is that true?
To the first, it is an individual decision. After a few other families move to the same area, they generally start a formal congregation. To the second, no - the 10 or so members there around Cleveland are still there. A couple other families moved from OH to the Dunlap, TN area a few years ago, but there are no Georgians to my knowledge, other than that the NC minister living in TN has a brother in the Old Conference congregation there in GA...
Thank you for that clarification. My relative hopes to see the Cleveland community grow; they have a lovely witness to the faith.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 pm
Heirbyadoption wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm
Thank you for that clarification. My relative hopes to see the Cleveland community grow; they have a lovely witness to the faith.
Is your relative Catholic?
0 x