Noah Hoover Mennonites

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Disciple of Christ
Affiliation: Impartial Christian

Noah Hoover Mennonites

Post by Disciple of Christ »

Are Noah Hoover Mennonites vaccinated against Covid-19?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Noah Hoover Mennonites

Post by Josh »

From anecdotes I have heard, generally not, although there isn’t some specific stance against mRNA / stem cell vaccines specifically.
1 x
Disciple of Christ

Why do most (if not all) of them reject COVID-19 vaccination?
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Disciple of Christ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:48 am Why do most (if not all) of them reject COVID-19 vaccination?
I never heard of Noah Hoover Mennonites. But there are millions of people who rejected the covid 19 vaccines and for reasons that have nothing to do with being part of a Mennonite sect.
2 x
Disciple of Christ

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 am
Disciple of Christ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:48 am Why do most (if not all) of them reject COVID-19 vaccination?
I never heard of Noah Hoover Mennonites. But there are millions of people who rejected the covid 19 vaccines and for reasons that have nothing to do with being part of a Mennonite sect.
Your response is clearly off-topic. Could you please refrain from such a behavior?
Last edited by Disciple of Christ on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Disciple of Christ

Josh wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:41 am From anecdotes I have heard, generally not, although there isn’t some specific stance against mRNA / stem cell vaccines specifically.
Of course they are not against "mRNA / stem cell vaccines". They didn't even know that Hitler was dead until a visitor told them in the mid 2010s. They are not "educated" in the way we are and they do not want to.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Disciple of Christ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:19 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 am
Your response is clearly off-topic. Could you please refrain from such a behavior?
You better be joking. We don't let people talk to our lady folk like that. Knock it off.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

My sense is that a lot of the most conservative groups have generally had low vaccination rates for all vaccines (nothing specific to COVID) and that it had more to do with the general sense that vaccines were a form of insurance of which they disapproved. But that rigid anti-vax beliefs based on social media-spread pseudoscience are not really a part of it in the same way that they are within the anti-vax fringe in the general population.

That is based on chatting about the subject with cousins of mine who work in clinics in Amish areas.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’ll ask someone who might know first hand when I get a chance.
1 x