Europe: Re-Evangelizing?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Re: Europe: Re-Evangelizing?

Post by Sudsy »

MaxPC wrote:One book I read many years ago states:
"If you pray for a spiritual awakening among Christians, then expect to see those Christians persecuted and martyred."
Can't remember the title or author but I do remember that sentence. It illustrates how when a Christian fully lives his discipleship, that the secularists find it irritating.
I think Jesus said something quite similar -

John 15:17-21

I demand that you love each other, for you get enough hate from the world! But then, it hated me before it hated you. The world would love you if you belonged to it; but you don’t—for I chose you to come out of the world, and so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave isn’t greater than his master!’ So since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you! The people of the world will persecute you because you belong to me, for they don’t know God who sent me.

Sounds to me that if our Christianity was more reflective of Jesus that the world would not just accept us as religious folk but rather they would hate us. So, why don't they hate us is probably a good question to consider.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

This Psalm was part of our morning Divine Office and it reminded me of this thread.[bible]Psalm 84, 5-12[/bible]
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I would love if someone could help with re-evangelising Lucy in Northern Ireland!! Anyone interested in starting a mission church somewhere near Belfast? Lucy was in hospital 3 times last weekend and is headed in the same direction this week. She is allowed one weekly call to my daughter every Monday at an appointed time. Today they had poor connection and Lucy was stuck on insisting that we call Dan Yoder at the Beachy church at Dunmore East in the ROI. I am not allowed to have any contact with her because I am too compassionate and interfere with the work Noreen is trying to do. We really would appreciate your prayers!
0 x