Church good at evangelization

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Re: Church good at evangelization

Post by NedFlanders »

I think it is a false idea that evangelism and following Christ can be separated. The two go hand in hand.
3 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

NedFlanders wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 pm I think it is a false idea that evangelism and following Christ can be separated. The two go hand in hand.
I might agree. However, what you mean by evangelizing and following Christ in actual practise, we may agree or perhaps not.

Here is an article for pastors in how to respond to a believer who thinks they 'should just leave evangelism to the “professionals.” After all, isn’t evangelism a spiritual gift?' Any thoughts on this ?

https://biblicalmissiology.org/blog/202 ... sREALw_wcB
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Work ethic. One fact that impressed me in the story of Joseph in Egypt is that Potipher could see Who was guiding his slave.
Now his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all that he did prosper in his hand. [Gen 39:3 NASB20]

And even in prison, his behavior reflected integrity so that the warden basically turned his own duties over to Joseph.
And the warden of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison; so that whatever was done there, he was responsible for it. The warden of the prison did not supervise anything under Joseph's authority, because the LORD was with him; and, the LORD made whatever he did prosper. [Gen 39:22,23 NASB20]

And this is not the Texas inmate "tenders" of yesteryear in TDCJ, to whom the guards would turn over the prison population, and they would terrorize the other inmates as they pleased. No, far, far from it. Joseph feared the Lord, which made him compassionate, trustworthy, and very capable.
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.