Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Practising Non-Resistance

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:20 pm
RZehr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:17 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:08 pm

Well maybe for his own good at times, he goes through phases of hammering- they should suggest that to some of us when we get our knickers in a knot & hotly pursuit another till they're plum worn out & exasperated Maybe if we can't see we need a break a mod can kindly suggest one for our own (& other's) good
It takes two, to have a hot pursuit. Speaking of non-resistance. If you get tired of being hotly pursued or hotly pursuing, the solution is the same: just stop. It generally doesn’t take a signed armistice by both parties at all. All it takes is one side to quit, to shut up, and it is over. And that is something anyone can do at anytime.
Which is exactly why Max chose the foe option to disengage. And, my friend who invited me here long ago just quit. Those are options.
Ma'am, Max's lies about Bootstrap were not a way to disengage. They were a way to try to marginalize Bootstrap and turn my opinion against him. And it backfired.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:52 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:22 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:18 pm
Seriously, Valerie.

You're the person saying maybe Max wasn't lying when he made that claim. Either Max was lying or, somehow, a user regularly got suspended and justme didn't know anything about it. Do you really, honestly, think that justme wouldn't have known if someone like Bootstrap was regularly suspended?
Who knows or cares at this point. Bible warns of useless wranglings so, let's not. Press on, this is futule
Look, you are the one that brought this up. You are the one who is suggesting that maybe Bootstrap was regularly suspended by the moderators, making that claim after justme said that such a claim would be incorrect.

Don't you care about the truth? Do you really, honestly, think that justme wouldn't have known if someone like Bootstrap was regularly suspended?
No, I didn't bring it up and no, I just reminded justme that it wasn't long ago she put the "4" to the challenge of not posting. Good grief. If you misunderstood me I wonder if you misunderstood others. I merely responded to the fact that you revealed a personal message. If I revealed some I received it would be with ill intentions. I happen to see good in everyone here in one way or another, not blind to faults, and I have plenty just let it go. Peace
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Over a decade Theosis left this forum before she went on to be with the Lord - she said it was "not good for her soul" to be here. May we all consider with that same consideration if this is good for our soul.
1 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:07 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:52 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:22 pm

Who knows or cares at this point. Bible warns of useless wranglings so, let's not. Press on, this is futule
Look, you are the one that brought this up. You are the one who is suggesting that maybe Bootstrap was regularly suspended by the moderators, making that claim after justme said that such a claim would be incorrect.

Don't you care about the truth? Do you really, honestly, think that justme wouldn't have known if someone like Bootstrap was regularly suspended?
No, I didn't bring it up and no, I just reminded justme that it wasn't long ago she put the "4" to the challenge of not posting. Good grief. If you misunderstood me I wonder if you misunderstood others. I merely responded to the fact that you revealed a personal message. If I revealed some I received it would be with ill intentions. I happen to see good in everyone here in one way or another, not blind to faults, and I have plenty just let it go. Peace
Yes, you are the one that brought up all these defenses for Max's lies, which is what I was referring to. And you did way more than simply respond to me "revealing a personal message." You accused me of character attacks, you came up with all this other stuff, and now you want to just try and sweep it all under the rug.
Don't you care about the truth? Do you really, honestly, think that justme wouldn't have known if someone like Bootstrap was regularly suspended? Or are you accusing justme of lying? Because Max's claim and justme's statement simply cannot both be true.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:11 pm Over a decade Theosis left this forum before she went on to be with the Lord - she said it was "not good for her soul" to be here. May we all consider with that same consideration if this is good for our soul.
Nobody is forcing you to be here and defend the indefensible.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:08 pm they should suggest that to some of us when we get our knickers in a knot & hotly pursuit another till they're plum worn out & exasperated Maybe if we can't see we need a break a mod can kindly suggest one for our own (& other's) good
Looks to me like you and ken_sylvania are both off your meds again. May I kindly suggest a break? :P
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

If a train wreck and a dumpster fire had a love child.... it would be this thread ;)
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Try this:
FB_IMG_1710312852490.jpg
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:18 am
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:08 pm they should suggest that to some of us when we get our knickers in a knot & hotly pursuit another till they're plum worn out & exasperated Maybe if we can't see we need a break a mod can kindly suggest one for our own (& other's) good
Looks to me like you and ken_sylvania are both off your meds again. May I kindly suggest a break? :P
OK point taken! :wave:
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Neto wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:25 pm Yes, abusive language is violence. Counteracting false belief is not violence. (In fact, it is required by both the Law, and NT teaching, and is the kindest possible response. The OT Law teaches us that failure to warn will result in sharing in the responsibility for the punishment that will be received by the erring person. In the NT, it is considered one of the Christian 'graces' - that is, a part of responsible fellowship.) Verbal abuse is the most commonly form of violence 'practiced' by self-proclaimed 'Non-Resistants'. (Sticks and stones, and all of that rot.)

Aggressive driving is violence. (I condemn myself in this statement. But I am learning to urge and remind myself before going out on the highway to refrain from responding in kind to the aggression of other drivers, whether perceived, or real - to always "extend grace".)
Amen; well said and in my opinion, answers Sudsy’s query succinctly. Your words are exemplary of Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
2 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God