Practising Non-Resistance

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Practising Non-Resistance

Post by RZehr »

Shrug. I didn’t see that you mentioned moderators.

What gave me the idea, is that I think I’ve read him saying something like he puts people on his foes list when they get too challenging for his liking, and then taking them off after a while.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 pm
justme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:16 pm
You mean like when he pm'd me unsolicited to tell me that Bootstrap regularly gets put on time-out here until he goes back on his meds?
for the record.
the comment about meds? i know nothing about, i do not know if that is true or not.

but the comment about being regularly put on time out?
totally inaccurate. certainly not regularly, and certainly not recently.
if he was ever put on time out, it was a long time ago, so long that i don't remember it.
-jm
I kind of had an idea at the time that it was simply a bald-faced lie, and became more certain as time passed that it in fact was.

And in my opinion, it's just as bad to lie about people privately as to do so publicly.
Boot, Josh, Temp , & Ken were asked not to put for a length of time fairly recently?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

RZehr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:48 pm Shrug. I didn’t see that you mentioned moderators.

What gave me the idea, is that I think I’ve read him saying something like he puts people on his foes list when they get too challenging for his liking, and then taking them off after a while.
It's not the challenge, it's the relentless "riding" then. The same thing happened to the man who suggested I join here. Boot was treating him like he was Max, till he finally had it. So I didn't blame Max for having to take breaks from people doing that- people can get pushed too far.- I feel like we are all gossiping now
Last edited by Valerie on Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:21 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:57 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:37 pm
What difference would that make?
Are you suggesting that it's OK to talk nasty about people behind their back as long as we put on a sweet face and say nice things about them in public?
The whole point in pm is that it is "personal" so said in confidence & trust.
Are you suggesting that it's OK to talk nasty about people behind their back as long as we put on a sweet face and say nice things about them in public?
That's not what I said. You and Max apparently for some reason were messaging each other. So why did YOU share it with all? These are character attacks trying to make others look bad in the public eyes
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:01 pm
justme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:16 pm
for the record.
the comment about meds? i know nothing about, i do not know if that is true or not.

but the comment about being regularly put on time out?
totally inaccurate. certainly not regularly, and certainly not recently.
if he was ever put on time out, it was a long time ago, so long that i don't remember it.
-jm
I kind of had an idea at the time that it was simply a bald-faced lie, and became more certain as time passed that it in fact was.

And in my opinion, it's just as bad to lie about people privately as to do so publicly.
Boot, Josh, Temp , & Ken were asked not to put for a length of time fairly recently?
I didn't realize they were golfers. Who asked them to quit?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:15 pm

Post, sorry..
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:57 pm

The whole point in pm is that it is "personal" so said in confidence & trust.
That's not what I said.
That's why I asked. I thought it seemed like you were suggesting that it was OK for Max to say that because it was a PM.
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm You and Max apparently for some reason were messaging each other.
Nope, it was the first ever PM I got from Max - completely unsolicited.
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pmSo why did YOU share it with all? These are character attacks trying to make others look bad in the public eyes
I shared it because I thought it was relevant to bring more accuracy to the profile you were presenting. Telling the truth about the kind of things a person says about other people (and the lies they tell about other people) isn't a character attack. And if telling the truth about someone makes them look bad, it's generally because they did bad things. If a person does only good things, telling the truth about them won't make them look bad.

When the Pharisees acted pious in public but acted differently in private, Jesus denounced them publicly. Would you call that a character attack trying to make the Pharisees look bad?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:23 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:15 pm

Post, sorry..
You referring to justme's little experiment? Max's thing was before that. And none of those four were "put on moderation" for that experiment.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:01 pm Boot, Josh, Temp , & Ken were asked not to put for a length of time fairly recently?
that was an experiment done by me as a member, not a time out for bad behavior done by a moderator.
And they all donated their payment for participating in the experiment.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:26 pm
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm
That's not what I said.
That's why I asked. I thought it seemed like you were suggesting that it was OK for Max to say that because it was a PM.
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm You and Max apparently for some reason were messaging each other.
Nope, it was the first ever PM I got from Max - completely unsolicited.
Valerie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pmSo why did YOU share it with all? These are character attacks trying to make others look bad in the public eyes
I shared it because I thought it was relevant to bring more accuracy to the profile you were presenting. Telling the truth about the kind of things a person says about other people (and the lies they tell about other people) isn't a character attack. And if telling the truth about someone makes them look bad, it's generally because they did bad things. If a person does only good things, telling the truth about them won't make them look bad.

When the Pharisees acted pious in public but acted differently in private, Jesus denounced them publicly. Would you call that a character attack trying to make the Pharisees look bad?
You do not know they are lies. You assumed that.
For some reason he felt he could reach out to you.
I honestly felt Max was justified in his feelings way back then. Boot can hammer away at times. Max was not on the list of people Just me challenged to not post for 30 days. Perhaps in Max experience he recognizes traits of people using meds (I hear this from others who perceive it) and really, many talk bad here about others. Like I said, I have received apologies via pm from observers sympathizing with treatment of me. I tend to publicly defend others- there can be a mob mentality
0 x