5%
Something not listed above.
No votes

Total votes: 22

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Tell us how you like your steak!

Post by steve-in-kville »

Lots of new members, time for a beef steak poll. Vote and discuss.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Tell us how you like your steak!

Post by Neto »

FYI: The Banawa would consider eating anything less than medium well done as being "wild animal-like". (They even cook all of the meat they give to their dogs.) The picture would mark a person as a barbarian, on the way to turning into a new species of animal.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Neto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 am FYI: The Banawa would consider eating anything less than medium well done as being "wild animal-like". (They even cook all of the meat they give to their dogs.) The picture would mark a person as a barbarian, on the way to turning into a new species of animal.
Anybody who eats steak that is basically still moving is a barbarian in my book also
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

That picture looks like it was done perfectly.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am Lots of new members, time for a beef steak poll. Vote and discuss.
That photo of that steak, looks like it is still mooing.
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

I'd prefer something from Ragpicker's grill. This looks pretty good:

1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

What ? Christians indulge in steak ? How is this not living extravagantly ? ;)

An additional thought - Beef is a significant source of global greenhouse gas emissions: Its carbon footprint is eight times that of chicken’s and five times that of pork’s. From here - https://www.newscientist.com/article/23 ... in-the-us/
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Completely depends on the type of steak and dish it is served in.

For example, if I'm eating prime steak at a steakhouse (which I almost never do) then medium rare.

If I'm eating steak fajitas as a Mexican restaurant (which is usually flank steak) or steak in a stir fry like Mongolian Beef then a little more well done is good.

I rarely eat beef though as my wife doesn't approve. We are mostly a chicken and fish household when we do eat meat.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Sudsy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:05 pm What ? Christians indulge in steak ? How is this not living extravagantly ? ;)

An additional thought - Beef is a significant source of global greenhouse gas emissions: Its carbon footprint is eight times that of chicken’s and five times that of pork’s. From here - https://www.newscientist.com/article/23 ... in-the-us/
We don't eat steak, but not for the reasons you listed. Hubby is a hunter, so if there is any steak at this house, it is venison steak. I have a Salisbury steak recipe made out of venison. Baked in mushroom gravy, it is a family favorite.
2 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:05 pm An additional thought - Beef is a significant source of global greenhouse gas emissions
Before butchering, yes; hopefully not by the time it's medium rare. Other animals have been quicker to adapt to emissions reduction.

1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited