What if the Anabaptist Movement...

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Re: What if the Anabaptist Movement...

Post by Pelerin »

Pelerin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:15 pm What if Münster held out? Would there be all kinds of things named after it today like Geneva? Would there be a Van Leyden College? Would the sorts of people attracted to radical new ideas have gone with Münster instead—everybody likes a winner—and left the other Anabaptist groups like the nascent Mennonites much smaller?

What about those of us who became the Amish and Mennonites anyway? Would we have all moved to Münster? Maybe we’re a little uncomfortable with the soldiers defending the faith but at least there we’re accepted and not persecuted. Would there even have been a push to move to North America and Russia? Would there be a Lancaster or Holmes County worth mentioning? Would Münster today be an Amish tourist attraction like they are or would we all have just ended up as irreligious modern Europeans?
As I was laying in bed I realized I was wrong and the true answer came to me:

Utah. The militarized apocalyptic polygamous cult would establish the New Jerusalem and in a few hundred years it would just be Utah. Münster would be the Utah of Europe.
0 x