Non-resistance does not mean silence

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Non-resistance does not mean silence

Post by Josh »

I think a Christian person can participate in an Internet forum and challenge other people who post in order to contend for truth. We can also have discussions where we don't have to agree about everything.

Let's think about the alternative.

I could create a few fake accounts, anonymously, and make many posts that disrupt, and pretty much take over this message board. If the "Christian" thing to do is to just let someone else speak whatever they want, never challenging them, any Internet forum will eventually have the Christian voices on it drowned out by trolls and bad-faith actors.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Considering MD history, fake accounts and total anonymity aren't prerequisites for disruptive and monopolizing behavior. For example, the identity of the theonomist penguin was no secret. Actually the multiple post-ban reincarnations of Liam were somewhat entertaining in their own way. I think the reason that its demise was technical rather than otherwise was that a few people actually were removed, though due to the hans-off approach that often happened much later and with somewhat less frequency than some of us might have chosen.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Gene
Affiliation: CMC

Post by Gene »

I am torn between expression of admiration through a snort or a moan of sorts at the horrible pun-ishment dished upon the admin of the late great MD. Hans off? Indeed!!!
0 x