Anabaptist Atlanta GA?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Anabaptist Atlanta GA?

Post by MaxPC »

I was recently asked about the presence of Anabaptists in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. I do not have that information therefore I felt it that asking here would be a start.

I know of only one website that appears to be Anabaptist, that of Dwight Gingrich. I understand him to say he is in the Atlanta area but I do not know of which church or fellowship that he attends. Does anyone here know the name of that church?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
thebluffs
Affiliation:

Re: Anabaptist Atlanta GA?

Post by thebluffs »

I attended Berea Mennonite Church in Atlanta in the early 2000's....
I believe they have since merged with Atlanta Mennonite Fellowship.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

As I recall Dwight and his family are house churching. He is easy to contact on his website or FB.

Another group near Atlanta is Monticello Mennonite Church. You can Google their website.
1 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

barnhart wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:58 pm As I recall Dwight and his family are house churching. He is easy to contact on his website or FB.

Another group near Atlanta is Monticello Mennonite Church. You can Google their website.
They had been house churching for a few years but I think they have been attending a local church since sometime in 2019. I can't remember the name of the church.
1 x
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

Our small church is about an hour's drive south of Atlanta.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I got the name wrong for Monticello Mennonite, It's actually Lighthouse Mennonite Church.
1 x
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Post by JayP »

I know there is a Pilgrim church in Dublin GA and an Eastern one in Metter
Always perplexed me that the went two ways. The two closest churches in terms of where they are in all GA and they could not stay in the group? How frustrating for them.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Around here whenever there’s a Pilgrim church, you tend to get a Northeastern as well, sort of like how McDonald’s and Burger King are often located close by.

We have some Old Order Mennonite crowd here (an obscure sect). They gave rise to some Ohio Wislers. Those gave rise to some Pilgrims and Nationwides. The Pilgrims gave rise to Northeasterns. A few of those in turn have dribbled over to Charity - which has two distinct Charity factions plus gave rise to a BMA faction plus an ADC faction. Lest I forget. There is also a Beachy church here, but at least they were an original church plant.

I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad that my own church hasn’t picked up anybody from the 11 different factions I just described.
1 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

GaryK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 pm Our small church is about an hour's drive south of Atlanta.
What town is your church near, Gary?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
GaryK

Post by GaryK »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:33 pm
GaryK wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:14 pm Our small church is about an hour's drive south of Atlanta.
What town is your church near, Gary?
Thomaston. The name of our church is Followers of Jesus at Thomaston.
1 x