What makes people like each other?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
mrbilliam
Affiliation: Beachy Amish

Re: What makes people like each other?

Post by mrbilliam »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:30 am What makes people friends, especially when they have nothing really in common? Do opposites really attract?

What makes some people able to get along with just about anyone? And other people can't?

What makes women attracted to certain types of men, and vice versa?

Discuss. I'm curious what others have to say on this.
What if just about every single problem you've ever had in life came because of others? You can be kind, giving, etc., but get drama, problems, and situations because of people.
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

mrbilliam wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:15 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:30 am What makes people friends, especially when they have nothing really in common? Do opposites really attract?

What makes some people able to get along with just about anyone? And other people can't?

What if just about every single problem you've ever had in life came because of others? You can be kind, giving, etc., but get drama, problems, and situations because of people.
I would say you are either Jesus or not very self aware…
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
mrbilliam
Affiliation: Beachy Amish

Post by mrbilliam »

NedFlanders wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:56 pm
mrbilliam wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:15 pm

I would say you are either Jesus or not very self aware…
No way whatsoever on the former ;)

Perhaps the latter.

But truly, I try to leave people alone or simply bless them. The imposing, demands, and harassment comes from people.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

mrbilliam wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm
But truly, I try to leave people alone or simply bless them. The imposing, demands, and harassment comes from people.
In my experience there are some truly toxic people out there. Best one can do is pray for them. Trying to get people to see the error of their ways just puts fuel on the fire.

At least that has been my experience.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!