The Anabaptist perception towards a "money mindset"!

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

How much fo you agree with this list?

Strongly agree.
No votes
Somewhat agree.
58%
Neutral.
8%
Somewhat disagree.
25%
Strongly disagree.
8%

Total votes: 12

Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: The Anabaptist perception towards a "money mindset"!

Post by Ken »

mrbilliam wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 pm
mrbilliam wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:06 pm

That's because you live in the USA, which the petro dollar's value has a high rate of exchange (and falling nearly daily with inflation).

A citizen of Haiti has no such luxury, and their day's labor is about $1.80.

The government at any time can inflate, and force you to engage in their system.
Since you brought up Haiti

Roughly 2/3 of Haitians work in agriculture or subsistence farming
Here in the US, less than 2% of the population is engaged in farming or ranching

I'll leave the audience to decide which type of economy provides greater wealth, development, and opportunities for its population. I don't see many Americans emigrating to Haiti to work in subsistence agriculture.
In America if a person moves a wheelbarrow from point A to B, they make 30x that of a Hatian. The same work is done. Yet the American makes more and can buy more.

The point you are making deviates from my point completely.

The point I'm making is that the petro dollar is the difference. The reason why we are feeling inflation right now is run away money printing and BRICS nations dumping the dollar. The USA has dominated the world with the dollar.

Almost any teaching in the USA teaches 8-10 hours a day, and makes a moderate living. The same teacher who teaches 8-10 hours a day in Haiti, Mexico, India, and Ukraine, barely puts bread on the table.

My point is us Americans are confident in the dollar, and pass it off as our own innovation floating it, when in reality, it's world domination and the petro dollar. It is fast eroding away. $10 for 2 pounds of Strawberries at Costco... $7 lettuce bag at Costco. Our unfunded liabilities are past 200 TRILLION according to the national debt clock. It's a ticking time bomb.

One day America's workers may find it is more worth engaging in Ag for most of their hours, because putting food on the table may level out to what other nations have experienced for many decades now.

Our lifestyles aren't because of our great innovation and exports. Our lifestyles are propped by a dollar that was propped through winning wars. Today war drums are beating again.
Petrodollars actually make most societies poorer.

That is why Singapore, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, etc. have 4-5 times the per-capita GDP of countries like Russia, Nigeria, Mexico, Kazakhstan and Venezuela.

I certainly agree that the US and the world needs to wean itself off petroleum for a whole long list of reasons. But that means moving towards a decentralized clean-energy future, not feudal subsistence farming.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
mrbilliam
Affiliation: Beachy Amish

Post by mrbilliam »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:55 pm
mrbilliam wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 pm

Since you brought up Haiti

Roughly 2/3 of Haitians work in agriculture or subsistence farming
Here in the US, less than 2% of the population is engaged in farming or ranching

I'll leave the audience to decide which type of economy provides greater wealth, development, and opportunities for its population. I don't see many Americans emigrating to Haiti to work in subsistence agriculture.
In America if a person moves a wheelbarrow from point A to B, they make 30x that of a Hatian. The same work is done. Yet the American makes more and can buy more.

The point you are making deviates from my point completely.

The point I'm making is that the petro dollar is the difference. The reason why we are feeling inflation right now is run away money printing and BRICS nations dumping the dollar. The USA has dominated the world with the dollar.

Almost any teaching in the USA teaches 8-10 hours a day, and makes a moderate living. The same teacher who teaches 8-10 hours a day in Haiti, Mexico, India, and Ukraine, barely puts bread on the table.

My point is us Americans are confident in the dollar, and pass it off as our own innovation floating it, when in reality, it's world domination and the petro dollar. It is fast eroding away. $10 for 2 pounds of Strawberries at Costco... $7 lettuce bag at Costco. Our unfunded liabilities are past 200 TRILLION according to the national debt clock. It's a ticking time bomb.

One day America's workers may find it is more worth engaging in Ag for most of their hours, because putting food on the table may level out to what other nations have experienced for many decades now.

Our lifestyles aren't because of our great innovation and exports. Our lifestyles are propped by a dollar that was propped through winning wars. Today war drums are beating again.
Petrodollars actually make most societies poorer.

That is why Singapore, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, etc. have 4-5 times the per-capita GDP of countries like Russia, Nigeria, Mexico, Kazakhstan and Venezuela.

I certainly agree that the US and the world needs to wean itself off petroleum for a whole long list of reasons. But that means moving towards a decentralized clean-energy future, not feudal subsistence farming.
I'm afraid I'm not conveying my point correctly.

The petro dollar is immoral.

We don't export much oil. The UAE pegged the dollar to the price of oil. Not because we have exports, but because we have military might. Basically, because we can kill other nations, is why our work is "more valuable" for the same work.

I can't justify it morally, but I'm stuck with it. Life is exploited through it. Many rather than being the stewards of the mysteries of God all the days of their life, will be enslaved to the debt and economic system of the petro dollar.

I would love to see us move away from petroleum, but the powers will never let it be decentralized. They prefer regulation and exploitation. We really need freedom.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:55 pm Petrodollars actually make most societies poorer.

Yeah, Norway and Canada are just mired in poverty.
0 x