The Anabaptist perception of sandwiches, subs, hoagies, grinders, heros, wedges and spuckies!

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

The Anabaptist perception of sandwiches, subs, hoagies, grinders, heros, wedges and spuckies!

Post by steve-in-kville »

Time once again for a food thread. For the record, I never heard of a sandwich being called a wedge or a spuckie. Must be regional.

Two part open ended poll:

1- Favorite sandwich on a budget.

2- Favorite sandwich when there is no budget.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
steve-in-kville

Re: The Anabaptist perception of sandwiches, subs, hoagies, grinders, heros, wedges and spuckies!

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:01 am Time once again for a food thread. For the record, I never heard of a sandwich being called a wedge or a spuckie. Must be regional.

Two part open ended poll:

1- Favorite sandwich on a budget.

2- Favorite sandwich when there is no budget.
1- Toss up between a grilled cheese or a simple bologna and cheese.

2- Reuban. Always.
0 x

Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: The Anabaptist perception of sandwiches, subs, hoagies, grinders, heros, wedges and spuckies!

Post by Josh »

I was in an establishment yesterday where grilled cheese was over $10, so I'm not sure if it's a budget option anymore. (To be fair, it did claim to be using "premium cheeses".)
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

1- Favorite sandwich on a budget. Whatever my wife makes.

2- Favorite sandwich when there is no budget. I am partial to the bolillos at local Mexican food places.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sandwiches: yum
Subs: reject due to military associations
Hoagies: regional, nobody calls them that around here
Grinders: I've heard of that app; not interested
Heros: fun to read about, but don't worship them
Wedges: having endured a few in the middle school locker room, I'll pass
Spuckies: say what?
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:01 am 2- Favorite sandwich when there is no budget.
How can there be no budget? There is always a Budget. It has been published since 1890.

People tend to associate "budget" with extreme restrictions on spending, but that's not necessarily the case. I prefer to call it a spending plan, where you tell your money where to go (and a lot can go toward spuckies, if you choose) instead of wondering where it went.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville

ohio jones wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:48 pm Sandwiches: yum
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:01 am 2- Favorite sandwich when there is no budget.
How can there be no budget? There is always a Budget. It has been published since 1890.

People tend to associate "budget" with extreme restrictions on spending, but that's not necessarily the case. I prefer to call it a spending plan, where you tell your money where to go (and a lot can go toward spuckies, if you choose) instead of wondering where it went.
*sigh*

It's too early for this 8-)
1 x

MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:27 am
ohio jones wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:48 pm Sandwiches: yum

*sigh*

It's too early for this 8-)
Perhaps it is a slow day. :lol: :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
steve-in-kville

I had a gift card for Subway that I needed to use. Got me the Hotshot Italiano. Jalapenos and a tangy dressing. I'll pay for this later....
0 x

ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:09 am I had a gift card for Subway that I needed to use. Got me the Hotshot Italiano. Jalapenos and a tangy dressing. I'll pay for this later....
You didn't use the gift card?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

An inclusionary PSA:
In the UK, a "sandwich" is most often referred to as a sarnie or a buttie. Occasionally it is called a roll.
Keep calm and carry on. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)