Can a Christian be a soldier or police, and kill someone, and still be a Christian?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Can a Christian be a soldier or police, and kill someone, and still be a Christian?

Post by ken_sylvania »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:51 am
Josh wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:30 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:10 am Everyone talks a big game until you have to defend you own family. Then the talk stops. Trust me. :o
There are plenty of testimonies of nonresistance people choosing not to do exactly that. I can refer you to some books, if you wish.
Please do.

I must have sat under all the wrong sermons or something. Sorry for the outburst.
Try "Awaiting the Dawn" by Dorcas Hoover.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Can a Christian be a soldier or police, and kill someone, and still be a Christian?

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:10 am Everyone talks a big game until you have to defend you own family. Then the talk stops. Trust me. :o
There are plenty of testimonies of nonresistance people choosing not to do exactly that. I can refer you to some books, if you wish.
Please do.

I must have sat under all the wrong sermons or something. Sorry for the outburst.
https://www.berkshistory.org/multimedia ... -massacre/
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

mike wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:02 am

Please do.

https://www.berkshistory.org/multimedia ... -massacre/
I thought of this story as well.
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church