How satisfied are you in your current occupation?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

How satisfied are you in your current occupation?

1- Not at all.
No votes
2-
No votes
3- Meh. It's okay.
6%
4-
38%
5- Very much satisfied.
56%

Total votes: 16

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: How satisfied are you in your current occupation?

Post by steve-in-kville »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:03 pm

One of your company's owners was in my store yesterday, and it wasn't the first time. I appreciate executives that accompany their sales persons once in a while.
I knew one was riding with the sales reps and the other was riding with drivers, off and on anyway.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Jeff Altweg
Affiliation: mennonite

Post by Jeff Altweg »

Very Satisfied ,been retired now for 5 years,Depend on a rather small SS check......And on my side business that started small about 25 years ago,as a budding landlord,I would buy up very low priced houses ,then fix up and rent them out ....One at a time , year after year ..Use the rents to buy another one.. ended with 20 plus paid for rentals .....Can't believe how well it's worked out....with real estate like it is now....Made very modest money as a self employed small time remodeler for 40 Plus years ,Can hardly believe how hard I worked ,it took so much time away from my family and children, wish I could do that part over .....but that's just the way it was back then .....
Working now several hours a day , doing my own small repairs ,hiring out bigger stuff, I love it ,and enjoy interacting with people .And at the end of each year ,am amazed that we have several times as much money left as I used to make when working....full time....A late bloomer ,I guess .....
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Jeff Altweg wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:09 pm Very Satisfied ,been retired now for 5 years,Depend on a rather small SS check......And on my side business that started small about 25 years ago,as a budding landlord,I would buy up very low priced houses ,then fix up and rent them out ....One at a time , year after year ..Use the rents to buy another one.. ended with 20 plus paid for rentals .....Can't believe how well it's worked out....with real estate like it is now....Made very modest money as a self employed small time remodeler for 40 Plus years ,Can hardly believe how hard I worked ,it took so much time away from my family and children, wish I could do that part over .....but that's just the way it was back then .....
Working now several hours a day , doing my own small repairs ,hiring out bigger stuff, I love it ,and enjoy interacting with people .And at the end of each year ,am amazed that we have several times as much money left as I used to make when working....full time....A late bloomer ,I guess .....
That is good to hear. My parents were able to do that, starting back in the early 90's. My dad had to take an early retirement (about three years ago) due to my mom's health issues and they do pretty good. Dad still farms ten acres (with vintage John Deere equipment!) plus the real estate keeps him occupied.

I was a landlord for about 12 years, ending around the time of the recession in 2009/2010. I miss the additional income and enjoyed remodeling and such. But in hindsight, it wasn't my calling, at least not at the time.

My dream vocation is to semi-retire at 50, become a philosopher, a poet, publish my book, do some standup at the local comedy clubs... maybe teach a yoga class to keep it all balanced.... we shall see 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!