The Anabaptist perception on self check-outs!

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: The Anabaptist perception on self check-outs!

Post by ohio jones »

I just received my invitation to the Walmart Self Check Out Employee Christmas Party.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 pm I just received my invitation to the Walmart Self Check Out Employee Christmas Party.
What is the requisite expenditure threshold at Walmart to obtain such an invitation?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

RZehr wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:57 pm
ohio jones wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 pm I just received my invitation to the Walmart Self Check Out Employee Christmas Party.
What is the requisite expenditure threshold at Walmart to obtain such an invitation?
That depends whether they are looking at this year's total purchases ($55) or last year's ($109).
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

appleman2006 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:04 pm Self checkout is no doubt 5he way of the future whether we like it or not.
What is slightly amusing though, no Mennonite owned/operated store in our area has self check-outs. Good's Store, Dutchway, Hornings, etc.

Just a random observation...
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:58 am
appleman2006 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:04 pm Self checkout is no doubt 5he way of the future whether we like it or not.
What is slightly amusing though, no Mennonite owned/operated store in our area has self check-outs. Good's Store, Dutchway, Hornings, etc.

Good's tech division (my POS vendor) offers self-checkout systems. My store doesn't have the space for self checkout lanes, but I probably wouldn't do it anyway.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
steve-in-kville

That has been making its rounds on social media the past few weeks.
0 x

Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ephrata's, Good's Store and Dutchway have self check out. Also Mennonite owned Martin's Country Market has self checkout as well.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Grace wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:21 am

Ephrata's, Good's Store and Dutchway have self check out. Also Mennonite owned Martin's Country Market has self checkout as well.
Really? Not up our way, for sure.

And Martin's having one, never saw that coming. I should get in there and check out my old stomping grounds.
0 x

Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:24 am
Grace wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:21 am

Really? Not up our way, for sure.

And Martin's having one, never saw that coming. I should get in there and check out my old stomping grounds.
Both Goods and Dutchway, Ephrata Locations are new stores and I guess they wanted to keep up with the times. Martin's has had them for about two years. I believe it would take some major revamping to put self checkouts in the older stores.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:27 am

Good's tech division (my POS vendor) offers self-checkout systems. My store doesn't have the space for self checkout lanes, but I probably wouldn't do it anyway.
That’s quite interesting that they sell it… but don’t use it themselves.
0 x