Morning Gratitudes?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Morning Gratitudes?

Post by steve-in-kville »

I've gotten into the habit of thanking God for a few blessings in my life before I leave the driveway in the morning. I also pray that those blessings may be continued. Sometimes its as simple as being thankful for a good night's sleep. Other times it is more complicated.

Many mornings I am grateful for the safety He has shown the family. I am often grateful for employment and I ask that my coworkers and I remain safe and get along well.

Some mornings I may be grateful for a resolution to a challenge. Other time I ask for discernment in facing a new challenge.

What about you?
4 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Re: Morning Gratitudes?

Post by Falco Knotwise »

On the way to work and on the way home from work especially is when I feel grateful for things and thank God.

In addition, I probably pray the Lord’s Prayer at least 2 or 3 times per day. In bed, in the bathtub, on the way to work, at work, just about any time, day or night. It calms me down.

Also, I used to pray Psalm 5 in the morning and Psalm 4 at night, but I have gotten away from those lately.

Bonus meditation: (I pinched this from Twitter! 😎)
Behold I make all things new. Behold I do what cannot be done. I restore the years that the locusts and worms have eaten. I restore the years which you have drooped away upon your crutches and in your wheelchair. I restore the symphonies and operas which your deaf ears have never heard and the snowy massif your eyes have never seen and the freedom lost to you through plunder and the identity lost to you because of calumny and the failure of justice. And I restore the good which your own foolish mistakes have cheated you of. And I bring you to the love of which all other loves speak, the love which is joy and beauty, and which you have sought in a thousand streets, and for which you have wept and clawed your pillow.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We pray the Liturgy of the Hours (aka Divine Office). It is a book of Scriptures with the Psalms, prayed every day along with the writings of the early Church Fathers. The psalms of praise are prayed each morning.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville

Thankful for a few days off over the holiday. We celebrated my oldest (now married) daughter's birthday this past weekend. Our twins have a birthday later this week, plus whatever Thanksgiving meal we plan for Thursday (typically brunch). Lots of grocery store visits!

Sleep on a Monday night can be restless. Last night went amazingly well. Grateful for that.
0 x

steve-in-kville

Survived the bulk of the holiday festivities. Wednesday I was hoping to be done with meal prep by mid-afternoon. Was more like 7pm. Thursday we served brunch and was hoping to relax by noon. Never happened.

Thankful it all worked out in the end. Hope the next two days are a little less hectic.
0 x