Living in the Supernatural

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Living in the Supernatural

Post by Sudsy »

RZehr wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:19 pm Are you saying that Bennys miracles are fraudulent, and not supernatural?
No. But I believe it possible that Benny and others can use both deception and also initiate supernatural occurrences. Might Benny fall into this description ? 2 Cor 11:13-15 -
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness.
1 John 4:1-3 says -
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God.
I take this to be one, perhaps basic way, to test the spirits and as for Benny's case, I think he would likely past this test. Thoughts ?

In 1 Cor 12:10 we read this about spiritual gifts -
to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
So, it would appear here that the discerning of spirits is a Spiritual gift given to some within a local church. And in 1 Cor 14:1 we are told to eagerly desire spiritual gifts for the benefit of the church.

My question is then does our local church/fellowship of believers, have one or some with this Spiritual gift that can be used to sort out these false prophets ? If not, is that group of believers seeking to have that gift operational in their group ? And it would seem to me that Spiritual gifts given to the church to specific people should be easily recognized as to who has what gift(s). Thoughts ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit