Love notes in hymnals

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Re: Love notes in hymnals

Post by mike »

Josh wrote:Personally I found the choice of lavender / purple to be a rather bold choice, given the allergy some folks have to red, lavender, pink, purple, magenta, and other such hues.
I think it was simply to differentiate itself in appearance from other hymnals. Also, the color is "plum." :)
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

mike wrote:
Josh wrote:Personally I found the choice of lavender / purple to be a rather bold choice, given the allergy some folks have to red, lavender, pink, purple, magenta, and other such hues.
I think it was simply to differentiate itself in appearance from other hymnals. Also, the color is "plum." :)
The question is if plum is "associated with prostitution", as (apparently) red and purple are.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Josh wrote:
mike wrote:
The question is if plum is "associated with prostitution", as (apparently) red and purple are.
God created the color spectrum; let's claim red and purple back from the devil in Jesus' name! :lol:
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Post by Bill Rushby »

Does the New Conference use the old-style German Baptist hymnbook or one with notes?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Bill Rushby wrote:Does the New Conference use the old-style German Baptist hymnbook or one with notes?
It's exactly like the old one. Every one I have sung from predates the split.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

We (OGBBC-NC) continue to use the same 1882 GB hymnbook for our worship services as do Old Conference GBs, Petitioners, Leedyites, Old Brethren, GBBs, and a few others. NC does try to have extra hymnbooks (usually "owned" by the congregation) available at services for visitors, whereas some OC congregations do not. And the aforementioned "Love notes" are not some rampant cultural tradition, just the occasional random scribblings of kids not paying attention in church, and yes, it's usually school age kids when it does happen.
0 x