Public Displays of Affection (PDA)!

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Public Displays of Affection (PDA)!

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:18 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm I knew of an older couple whereas the husband would grab his wife's rear end in public. She didn't seem to mind. caught me off guard the first time I seen it :shock:
Not sure if I should be glad their romance is still alive or be absolutely horrified.
They were a solid couple. I think the "handsy" thing must have been their own inside joke or something.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

I think it's nice when young and older couples in our church sit with arm around the other. One wife is 92, and needs a lot of help from her hubby.

BTW, how might other people know that you're married if you're out walking with your wife? You might be running away with a girlfriend.... :D
People probably think my brother and sister-in-law aren't married, because he's older and much bigger than my sweet Filipina SIL. So what?
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Joy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 pm I think it's nice when young and older couples in our church sit with arm around the other. One wife is 92, and needs a lot of help from her hubby.

BTW, how might other people know that you're married if you're out walking with your wife? You might be running away with a girlfriend.... :D
People probably think my brother and sister-in-law aren't married, because he's older and much bigger than my sweet Filipina SIL. So what?
I'm glad that at least one of the sisters here weighed in. Maybe this sort of thing is only creepy to guys. (I don't think I've ever talked about it with anyone before - just spilling it all out on the internet here.... :oops: :? )
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Joy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 pm

You might be running away with a girlfriend.... :D
I have a wife, a widowed MIL, and six daughters of my own. Don't need any more women in my life right now :D

(But then... I have granddaughter arriving in a few months 8-) )
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!