Licenses or certifications you hold (non-collage degree)

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

Certifications/licenses that you had/have. Check all that apply.

Beyond normal (class C) driver's license (CDL, passenger, motorcycle, etc.).
21%
Aircraft/pilots license.
No votes
Boating, watercraft, captains license.
6%
CPR card, first responder, basic EMT or above, etc.
15%
Radio (commercial), GMRS, ham radio, etc.
3%
Anything to do with babies or children, midwifery, early development, etc.
3%
Mechanics, vehicle inspection, ASE, etc.
3%
Restaurant/hospitality, ServSafe, etc.
12%
Industrial and/or construction equipment, forklift, etc.
18%
One of the bajillion things I couldn't fit and/or missed (please explain).
18%

Total votes: 33

Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Licenses or certifications you hold (non-collage degree)

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

QuietlyListening wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:12 am
but, i figured out how to get it accomplished, and now i want more. 'magine that.
I'm impressed. Coding is not easy- hope you can continue moving forward.
When they asked us technologists to code, we effectively went on strike. We always disagreed with management as to what the correct CPT was. My suspicion was that management wanted us to "upcode" for higher reimbursement, and we knew EXACTLY what we did. After a few back and forth, we as a group refused to do it.
0 x
:hug:
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

After a few back and forth, we as a group refused to do it.
We didn't have that option- had to code when you admitted patients so you could yes number one charge but also ass they went into the whole computerize charting all the questions that are asked via computer relate back to the codes. One of the reasons I retired when I did. Just wasn't worth it.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

No one here has a pilot's license? I thought we had a few 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

QuietlyListening wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:22 pm
After a few back and forth, we as a group refused to do it.
We didn't have that option- had to code when you admitted patients so you could yes number one charge but also ass they went into the whole computerize charting all the questions that are asked via computer relate back to the codes. One of the reasons I retired when I did. Just wasn't worth it.
As I suggested, it was effectively a strike. Management had a choice, fire all of us…or change it themselves if they wished. Using a CPT code that does not accurately reflect what you actually did is a no no. They liked to push the edge more than I was comfortable with.
0 x
:hug:
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

We weren't told to upgrade so to speak our codes- but codes affect how you do your notes and care plan and don't allow for other factors- there is no room for thinking on your own anymore- it's all computer generated. Just not a fan.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:52 am No one here has a pilot's license? I thought we had a few 8-)
I wouldn't mind getting my pilot's license. I live basically next door to an airport where you can get instruction. But it costs money to get one, renting or owning a plane can be expensive, and once you have it, what would you really do with it besides go up and fly around?
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

mike wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:03 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:52 am No one here has a pilot's license? I thought we had a few 8-)
I wouldn't mind getting my pilot's license. I live basically next door to an airport where you can get instruction. But it costs money to get one, renting or owning a plane can be expensive, and once you have it, what would you really do with it besides go up and fly around?
I once dreamed of having my pilot’s license before my driver’s license. I loved flying and my experience driving was very hostile. I finally was able to take lessons as an 18 year old but when I got to pattern work the owner of the flying school decided I wasn’t paying him enough attention when he subbed in for my regular instructor. He demanded to speak to my parents who refused saying I was an adult and to speak to me. He refused to let me fly and scrubbed a flight I scheduled with my primary instructor.
I haven’t flown since then… Otherwise I’d have one.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Haul Amish?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Indeed and agreed. Unless you have a side job the requires flight, it is quite expensive and essentially a drain on finances.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

ohio jones wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:53 pm
Haul Amish?
Most Amish are opposed to flying, or else that might be an attractive side hustle. Another thing, the 15-passenger planes are kinda really out of my price range
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3