Licenses or certifications you hold (non-collage degree)

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

Certifications/licenses that you had/have. Check all that apply.

Beyond normal (class C) driver's license (CDL, passenger, motorcycle, etc.).
21%
Aircraft/pilots license.
No votes
Boating, watercraft, captains license.
6%
CPR card, first responder, basic EMT or above, etc.
15%
Radio (commercial), GMRS, ham radio, etc.
3%
Anything to do with babies or children, midwifery, early development, etc.
3%
Mechanics, vehicle inspection, ASE, etc.
3%
Restaurant/hospitality, ServSafe, etc.
12%
Industrial and/or construction equipment, forklift, etc.
18%
One of the bajillion things I couldn't fit and/or missed (please explain).
18%

Total votes: 33

Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Licenses or certifications you hold (non-collage degree)

Post by Ken »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:48 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:20 pm I have a bazillion different Scuba certifications
Wouldn't have known that about you. What got you into that sport/hobby?

I know a little about it insomuch as there are "degrees" on how deep you can dive and I think there are rescue and recovery certs that can be had. Knew an older gentleman that was into it. But he was into a lot of expensive hobbies.... did well for himself as a machinist, I guess.
Before I became a teacher at age 42 I had a first career as a marine fisheries biologist, mostly in Alaska but I also worked in Seattle and Washington DC. I got heavily into diving and bought a dive boat together with a good friend of mine. My garage was full of scuba tanks, compressors, oxygen tanks, helium tanks for deep diving, etc. We did exploration of various Klondike Goldrush-era shipwrecks in the Alaska inside passage and I spent vacations on a cave diving exploration team in Florida. In the winters we hunted king crab, scallops, and Dungeness crab underwater. I also did some diving on research teams with my employer NOAA in support roles doing things like capturing sea otters and doing sea urchin surveys.

Every time you take some advanced class with some certification agency they give you a new card, so cavern diving, rescue diving, mixed gas diving, cave diving, shipwreck diving, ice diving, etc. etc. And there are different levels of training within each specialty. I have a whole binder of them.

After I got married my wife's career brought us to Texas and I sold or gave away all the technical diving gear and just kept a few things for the occasional recreational dive vacation. I stopped doing all the dangerous extreme stuff after I got married.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

License as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
License as a Radiographer (To operate the CT part of PET scanners, but it is unrestricted)
Board Certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist By the Nuclear Medicine Certification Board
Health care provider CPR
As far as I know, I am still licensed by the United Arab Emirates as an Ultrasonographer, NMT and Radiographer
(Technically speaking, I am inactive, but to change that, all I have to do is send money)
I am also in the same boat as Barnhart, although switch Keystone for BMA and Deacon for Preacher.
0 x
:hug:
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

most are expired

nurse aid
nurse aid instructor
CPR- current
CPR instructor
first aid
first aid instructor
LPN- current
EMT
EMT-P
ACLS
PALS
EVOC
(quite a few of those EMS alphabet certs, i'm not going to continue bc i forget most of them)
CPC - current. this is the one that i want to keep expanding on, i think that it will give me the ability to work from home, and extend my working career. there are many many alphabet certs involved in the medical coding field.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

justme- coding drove me crazy when admitting patients and having to determine codes and then working with the official coders etc. My hat is off to you working with codes - I stopped working before the most recent ones came out.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

QuietlyListening wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:18 pm justme- coding drove me crazy when admitting patients and having to determine codes and then working with the official coders etc. My hat is off to you working with codes - I stopped working before the most recent ones came out.
i will admit, when i was going thru that class, i declared that learning was harder for me now, than it was back in my good days. i never had a problem learning medical stuff. i always got good grades. this coding class was completely different. either i am no longer as smart as i used to be, which is a real possibility based on some other things, or coding is an animal of its own and a real bear.

but, i figured out how to get it accomplished, and now i want more. 'magine that.
1 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

Real Estate Associate Broker and Salesperson license
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Quite many various and sundry certificates:
The usual drivers’ licenses, CB, etc. Those that were professional licenses included neurocritical care; electron microscopy; developmental psychiatry, etc. I simply cannot recall them all.

These days I am an official lap for great grandchildren and a professed reader of children’s literature for their bedtimes.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Perfect attendance certificate in Grade 2.
3 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

justme wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:11 pm most are expired

nurse aid
nurse aid instructor
CPR- current
CPR instructor
first aid
first aid instructor
LPN- current
EMT
EMT-P
ACLS
PALS
EVOC
(quite a few of those EMS alphabet certs, i'm not going to continue bc i forget most of them)
CPC - current. this is the one that i want to keep expanding on, i think that it will give me the ability to work from home, and extend my working career. there are many many alphabet certs involved in the medical coding field.
I left all my fire & EMS stuff expire over 12 years ago. Except EVOC, which really doesn't expire I suppose. I was an instructor in the state of Pennsylvania to teach con-ed classes, plus a bunch of stuff I don't remember.

Over the pandemic, my former colleagues tried to rope me back in. Nope.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

but, i figured out how to get it accomplished, and now i want more. 'magine that.
I'm impressed. Coding is not easy- hope you can continue moving forward.
0 x