New Conference coming up

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

New Conference coming up

Post by Josh »

The Old German Baptist Brethren, New Conference are having their new conference the weekend after the next in Ohio. It looks like this is a year I will actually be able to go. Any of the rest of you planning on attending?

Brochure is up here, from the NC's website:

http://www.ogbbc.org/uploads/news/files ... Packet.pdf
0 x
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Re: New Conference coming up

Post by Bill Rushby »

Josh: Give the Old Conference annual meeting a try too!
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Bill Rushby wrote:Josh: Give the Old Conference annual meeting a try too!
One would have to find out when and where it is. After all, they are not on the internet.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I'm not sure when or where it is. I guess I could try calling some folks about it.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote:
I'm not sure when or where it is. I guess I could try calling some folks about it.
I think it's in Indiana this year. Possibly this coming weekend.
0 x
Bill Rushby

Post by Bill Rushby »

Sorry! I didn't see the questions about A.M. until this morning.

Camden IN, Deer Creek District. The annual meeting is being held three miles west of the Deer Creek meetinghouse, on the Doug and Karen Diehl farm. The A.M. is going on right now. It is always held on Pentecost weekend. The Love Feast will be tomorrow evening. The regular schedule will be followed on Monday. Council meeting will be on Tuesday morning. Council meeting is the concluding event, and non-members are welcomed as observers.
Last edited by Bill Rushby on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Are these annual meetings open to anyone who is interested or curious? I know Gerald Mast attended the one that finally lead to the New Conference.
0 x
Bill Rushby

Post by Bill Rushby »

Yes, the A.M. is open to the public. Closed communion will be practiced at the Love Feast, but non-members are welcome to observe.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

How I wish we could be there. :D
Bill Rushby wrote:Sorry! I didn't see the questions about A.M. until this morning.

Camden IN, Deer Creek District. The annual meeting is being held three miles west of the Deer Creek meetinghouse, on the Doug and Karen Diehl farm. The A.M. is going on right now. It is always held on Pentecost weekend. The Love Feast will be tomorrow evening. The regular schedule will be followed on Monday. Council meeting will be on Tuesday morning. Council meeting is the concluding event, and non-members are welcomed as observers.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bill Rushby

Post by Bill Rushby »

Hello, Max! Since Annual Meeting is held every year by both the Old (they don't like this descriptor) and New Conferences, Lord willing, you will have more chances to attend!!

The horse-and-buggy groups also have annual meetings. I attended the "Deer Creekers'" annual meeting near Camden IN many long years ago. It was an interesting and moving experience, though I felt ill at ease whenever I got separated from Delbert Coning, my Old German Baptist friend and guide. Decades later, | would probably feel much more comfortable, knowing more about the Old Brethren German Baptist faith and culture. Their current vitality as a group would certainly provide much to talk with them about!

The car-driving Old Brethren also have annual meetings. I am out of touch with them, and don't know if there are two Old Brethren conferences or just one. The western Old Brethren annual meeting will convene in Arkansas, as far as I know.

I have never attended a New Conference annual meeting, but I would like to do so.
0 x