Re: I remember when... three years later

Post by RZehr »

:lol:
0 x
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Post by Signtist »

Heirbyadoption wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:38 pmAnd yes, I was similarly accosted for at least two other Covid-regulation violations as well. Stories for the grandchildren, I suppose.
Walmart Canada had spies in their stores. Street dress, no ID. My wife annoyed one of them til he threatened to call the police. She invited him to do so at his earliest convenience. He didn't like her.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Signtist wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:25 pm
Heirbyadoption wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:38 pmAnd yes, I was similarly accosted for at least two other Covid-regulation violations as well. Stories for the grandchildren, I suppose.
Walmart Canada had spies in their stores. Street dress, no ID. My wife annoyed one of them til he threatened to call the police. She invited him to do so at his earliest convenience. He didn't like her.
Not just in the stores either… Wade knew a group that got reported meeting in the woods.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Soloist wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:54 pm
Not just in the stores either… Wade knew a group that got reported meeting in the woods.
Walmart Canada - espionage second to none! Nothing more than an extension of the CIA. They also traffic in the international tomato market at unheard of levels for Big Tomato.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Soloist wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:54 pm
Too, too much! ! :? 8-) :o :shock:
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Signtist wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:06 am And still your fearless leader won't open the border. I mean, many get across with no problem. But many are one short question away from being turned back.
In December, he tried to doing away with that policy instigated in 2020, but the Supreme Court blocked that effort and kept him from doing away with it. I hope it goes away here in May when the Title 42 thing expires.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:23 pm At the beginning, the local grocery stores had people posted at the entrance to make sure customers wore a mask. That only lasted a week or so. Too much hostility.
Don't remind me of the Menard's mask monitor. They implemented their policy long before the state requirement, and had a dedicated (and I do mean dedicated) employee at the entrance. For all I know he's still there; I've found other stores to shop at.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

My employer had stickers on the floor in front of the coffee maker so we wouldn't get too close to each other.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Our government told us what was essential to buy. Stores would try to block off "nonessential" items. The problem was, if you have self checkout... Some of the stores had employees who encouraged civil disobedience because they knew managers get sick of it and complain to head office. Head office would get sick of it and things would change. Thankfully they did pretty quickly.
0 x
Signtist

Post by Signtist »

Ernie wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:15 pm
Signtist wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:06 am And still your fearless leader won't open the border. I mean, many get across with no problem. But many are one short question away from being turned back.
In December, he tried to doing away with that policy instigated in 2020, but the Supreme Court blocked that effort and kept him from doing away with it. I hope it goes away here in May when the Title 42 thing expires.
If it does go away, it won't be a day too soon.
0 x